• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it starts dumping soon and they open the resorts so you guys calm down.

Remember that we are here for our love for the snow and mountains. I've only been a member for a month but for me it was great to find people who are as crazy about snow sports as I am. We'd better concentrate on that.

I am sorry if it sounds like I'm preaching. \:\)

• SnowJapan Admin

It sure would help us a lot if we got back to a more general state of calm.

For some reason the last few days has seen more 'nastiness' than usual - we're hoping that may just be a "need snow" situation and we don't have to go round handing out bans and the like. Really don't want to do that. So can we keep the nasty personal and offensive comments off these forums please.

\:\)

BP, I went to mizuho 2 weeks ago. When we had the cold front over. It was snowing and from what I heard there was a fair bit of pow on top of the artificial snow. I'm saying "from what I heard" because when we were at the parking, before even buying the tickets, someone of the people I was going with injured themselves and I had to drive them to the hospital in Hiroshima. The conditions now are not as good as then so I haven't gone. This weekend looks promising though, there's some snow forecasted and it usually gets quite cold over there so if you go you may even find a bit of fresh pow on top of the artifical snow. So far they have the "chesnut course" which is 2.5km long and I think another one too.Check it in their web. I have a daisen season pass so I'm probably going to Daisen this weekend.The conditions in daisen are not good at all, 400m slope, 24m wide, artificial-snow. But for me it's good to practice a few tricks while I hope for the snow to dump.

\:D Me!

CC how much did the Daisen pass set you back? I have been keeping an eye on the Mizuho website, but more than that needs to be open to get me out there. Too bad about your firend getting injured and ruining your day. Inconsiderate friend! ;\)

yaaaahahahahahahaha sweeet lol.gif

jeeeeez if only it would snow tho eh... in the meantime all the bent up people who are getting nasty on here, why don't you take a leaf out of my book and go partying way too much on the weekends to relieve your pre-snow tension, seriously it works, cause you are way too hungover all week to argue with anyone lol.gif

Bp, it's 55,000 if you bought it before the end of November. 60,000 yen from now. Maybe there's a special offer for teachers too, but I'm not sure about that. Daisen is very close to where I live, 1 hour, and I don't need to take the motor way so it ends up being quite cheap for me.

I know niimi! My good mate used to live in Tojo, right over the border. So I used to get out that way quite a bit. Hey do you know Ashley? I went to Hanamiyama once years ago and enjoyed it, but that was early on in my boarding days. Is it decent or pathetic like I think it might be?

Last year was quite good, with lots of snow. It's a small resort but it has a long run which is over 2.5km long and some decent ,over 30 degrees, slopes if I remember well. It's fun and cheap for 1 day or 2 but it would soon get boring after that I guess.

I know Ashley,he is not in Niimi anymore though. He moved before I came to Niimi.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
As I said on another thread, if you find yourself getting into tangles with the same memeber consistently then just ignore their comments that are directed at you. Don't take his bait.
Good advice BP. I'm still learning about 'bait'. It seems that it isn't always the baiter that decides what is or isn't bait. Some of my earlier posts were seen as bait when I honestly had no intention for them to be so. confused.gif
Back t the thread: The guys I ride with are lots better than me, always were and probably always will be (pricks mad.gif ) I follow them into a turn at speed. They lay it right over with chin nearly touching snow with no loss of speed. I follow the same line, then slip,slip,slip, I loose the edge. I thought it might have been the gear they were using so I used it too. Nope!. Must be me. I think it's only pride stopping me from getting a lesson. (they never needed any) \:\(
Surfers do tend to use the back foot a lot. When I first started I had to tell myself over and over LEAN FORWARD.

All this talk is getting me pumped. I've started my own count down now. 7 weeks to go Yeehaarr! clap.gif