Was at Happo-one saturday and sunday.

Conditions wet snow, occasianal white-outs and concrete powder.

after a year off from surgery, a recently rehabilitated knee, a heel bruise from sk8ing, and about 3 hours of sleep, i was happy i could just turn. It was heaven.

Just back from my season opener at Kurobushi Kogen. An easy 40 minute drive. Picked up my season ticket, and then a couple of hours of fun. At the start conditions were low cloud with wind and graupel. During the session, the clouds lifted and thinned and the graupel stopped.

There was a good well packed frozen base, probably about 20 cm, with about 5 cm of loose fresh snow on top. A few patches of grass showing through, and some scratchy areas of wind-scour, but generally excellent snow.

soubriquet_113.jpg

soubriquet_114.jpg

Best of all there was a cracking chick lifty at the bottom of the quad chair. She gave me some beautiful smiles. I'm sure she's in love with me. If she plays her cards right, she may get lucky thumbsup.gif

Tried to go up to Kagura as well on Sunday, but the JR package was sold out. Had to go to Gala. Conditions were rough as expected until late in the day after a steady snow fall all day (actually the cond. were just not quite as bad). Had a blast regardless, but really wish I could have got to Kagura. I seriously need a drivers license.

It was after the weekend (I was otherwise occupied on Saturday and Sunday), but I went to Sapporo Kokusai on Monday and Kiroro on Tuesday. Sapporo Kokusai had some dusting over the groomers and it was flurrying on and off all day. The ungroomed run that branches off of the downhill course just after the flat was closed due to twigs and whatnot poking through. ezorisu_7.JPG

Kiroro was sunny and all concrete except for the Nagamine B-course (center) and the top of the Asari C-course, both of which were closed. There was a coverage issue at Nagamine, but I don't know why the Asari course was closed. The Center Express chair was closed, so the runs it services were also out of action. ezorisu_8.JPG

Kagura on Saturday was very beautiful day, very warm as well. Tashiro area just opened this morning and the snow there was good. slow_7.JPG?a=1924816172

Probably Kagura was the only skiable resort this weekend and got too many people. 2.5hours to get down the mountain, people who didn't want to wait for the lift for an hour was hiking up the slope and it was 6pm when we got the Mitsumata parking lot... I have never had experience like this before but skiing in the dark was fun.

slow_9.JPG?a=457690461

Sunday, it was snowing from 10am to 3pm, we had about 5-10cm coverage. Tashiro area was good condition all day and Kagura main slope was getting better in the afternoon. I wish I could ski Kagura Monday morning.

slow_10.JPG?a=928926143

It was my beginning of season ski lesson. I was lucky to have free lesson with some instructors, I hope I'll become a better skier this winter. \:\)

went snowsk8ing at Yu no Maru on Sunday. It felt like being a snowboarder in the 80`s again. People were asking "What is that called?".

Having said that, it was my first day in a long time on one, and i probably rode like a snowboarder from the 80`s too.

Quote:
Originally posted by Oyuki kigan:
went snowsk8ing at Yu no Maru on Sunday. It felt like being a snowboarder in the 80`s again. People were asking "What is that called?".

Having said that, it was my first day in a long time on one, and i probably rode like a snowboarder from the 80`s too.
stupid question- what is snowsk8ing? you mean on those tiny skis? But you called "them" "one".
oh... the scooter thingy? like michael J fox's skate board when he went back in time and broke the handle off the kids scooter/board?

the board with a handle? That was you?