Quote:
Originally posted by Fubuki:
no actually it was quite clear that your opinion is advocating helemts, but what it also clearly demonstrates is that you have a propensity to overanalyse a philosophize a phrase that clearly everyone understands except you. Or you are just looking to start an arguement, but the fact remains that no one is mandating that people must wear helmets and if they did then that would undermine the nature of freedom. I am sure your life has the utmost value and maybe more than anyone elses on this forum and for that maybe helmets should be mabdatory, but other are grown up enough to make their own decisions, but maybe you were taking from your mommy a bit to soon so you someone else to make those decisions for you..... if you want to wear one then do so, but don:t sit there and tell me that my personal choice is in fact not a inherant freedom that I posses......so faaac offf yourself!
What? You failed to make sense, you failed to be funny, you failed to even be insulting. Your just simply failed.

My satirical post wasn't even aimed at you rather it was aimed, with an evident double-does of smart arse pointlessness, at the universe of "its a personal choice" poets. Please don't read and then attempt to respond to things you clearly do not understand.

My trash talk shit spinning forum efforts in stupidity are clearly wasted around here.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
less time in the onsen? what exactly is good about LESS time in an onsen? hot water, nakedness, thawing out.... bring it on.

one of AK's arguments goes something like this - if you wear a helmet you are buying yourself extra courage, so you go extra hard, take more chances, think you can do anything... and thus have more chance of hurting yourself.... and anyway, you could fall on your spine, not your head, so what difference does it make.

but i'd rather protect myself where you can. i would have taken myself out in nz had i not been wearing mine.... and i'll say it again, what freaked me out was that i definitely WOULD have skied that little cliff line without a helmet. that's good enough for me personally. i'll be wearing my hat in the bar baby.
Don't confuse my reasons for doing something and your reasons.

And re-read my last post - did i clearly not say there are NO arguaments against wearing a helmet that you can use towards other people?

Hence not writing any on an internet forum.
 Quote:
Originally posted by db le p:

My trash talk shit spinning forum efforts in stupidity are clearly wasted around here. [/QB]
I disagree, you manage to sound like a dick as if it sounds natural.
Nobody can beat you at being dickish as you have protection from the mods.

Really if you want me to:

Case point one:

On numerous threads db le p can criticizes Snow Japan, but when other users do it threads get closed. (Now that I look you did remove the comment saying it should be called show china, but it was up a hell of a long time. But my comment about him now was replied to by a mod quite quickly so I doubt it went unnoticed for over a week)

db le p avatar is pretty offensive, essentially giving the finger to everybody.(people with bad contrast monitors only see his avatar as black)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

While a less offensive thread by me gets closed.

db le p is frankly snotty to other members in his Introducing minamikami thread, although it gets closed he pretty much gets to say what he wants, when users are frustrated then the topic gets closed. No opportunity to reply to his dickishness.

• SnowJapan Admin

OK I thought you were implying something else.

We will check that avatar issue, but the one you have posted in the above post is the first time I have seen it like that.

As I said we are not going to go into details of any individual decisions on here. There may have been slight inconsistencies and oversights, but we are going to eliminate those as best we can.

He or no-one else is getting or will get any "special protection". We will be prepared to ban anyone on here if we feel it necessary - whether they have 5 or 5000 posts.

No more on this on here please.

Back to topic please...

Ok well back on topic. I do think this forum.

Two decisions I have made was that I am going to Kagura on the 22 until christmas, thanks snowjapan. There is fovortism to long standing members though, its natural, but I has put me off posting here and I am sure other new members. (e.g. carving thread)

The second is that I ordered a helmet from rakuten. Probably the best advise somebody gave on this forum. I did exactly as the person said went to the shop got the product number and founf it 50% cheaper there.

• SnowJapan Admin

Long standing members may well be given more 'space' than new posters who can get themselves into trouble with their first post. I think that is reasonable. But if we feel things go over the line, we will do something about it - whoever it is.

Please, back on topic please.

EBC - you're quite right. What I meant was less time thawing my feet out in the onsen and more time relaxing or throwing snowballs over the rotenburo walls into the girls rotenburo....

Looking forward to being back in Hakuba's onsen very soon

just read this whole bit! lol.gif

I think the problems with people (over)reacting to spud is that that when they first come on here they don't realize what he is actually like and that he is usually being sarcastic or funny. They get too wound up by what he says. If you follow his posts over a long time though, you can start to pick when he just taking the piss. Personally I don't find his avatar offensive.

The problem isnt him, its the double standard.

Even there is a filter to stop swear words. (even used just a few posts up)

The middle finger means "F.uck You".

Also the guys wingges if you post something he doesnt like. Another double standard.

• SnowJapan Admin

YellowSnow. If you have a problem with any "double standards" either email us with your concerns or if you cannot accept our decisions just do not post on the forums. I have asked you a few times now, and I will not ask you again.

On none of the 4 PCs that we have here can we clearly see the offensive avatar your are talking about - it is just black. It is only now you have pointed it out to us that we can see what you are talking about. We are looking into it.

well I disagree. If you don't want to get into an argument with him just ignore his comments. If you take the bait, then expect him to come back at you. If you don't then he has nothing and his whinge falls flat on its face. Most people on here (who have been on for a while) know how other members react and avoid reacting to them or goading them. I really see no double standard in the mods actions. If you have been offended by things said or done, or think there is a double standard, then you should take it up with them immediately by private pms. Don't assume they can read your mind, and then bring it up later when nothing was done (because you didn't tell them) and then accuse them of double standards. As for the middle finger meaning "FU", well where I (and spud) come from, it is used very light-heartedly and often among mates without the harshness you seem to be picking up from it. Take a look at his face. Is that an angry finger he is giving or a laughing one you might give to friends? Take it all with a pinch of salt I say \:\)

I dont care if you ban me for this.

But the thread has diverted and I am on topic.

I wont email you because, the last time there was a problem with my thread. I was not given the opertunity to defend myself. My emails were ignored. You made out that I was at fault.

If you address me I will reply. Please don't limit my abilty to reply when I am addressed(i.e. the converstation stops after I email you)

If you want to see his avatar turn up your brightnes and contrast.

• SnowJapan Admin

For the record:

Above we were accused of not replying to his email.

We DID reply to that email.

We did NOT ignore it.

I have the record of the email that I, personally, send to him here in front of my eyes.

I really REALLY do not like being accused as above, especially in public on our forums.

(And I'm not quite sure how we made it out that it was his fault if we ignored his mail??)

I'm sorry to do this, but YellowSnow has been banned from the Forums. \:\(

Any further posts on this subject in this thread will be deleted.

Quote:
Originally posted by skidaisuki:
EBC - you're quite right. What I meant was less time thawing my feet out in the onsen and more time relaxing or throwing snowballs over the rotenburo walls into the girls rotenburo....

Looking forward to being back in Hakuba's onsen very soon
ohh yeah baby, bring on the onsen snowball fights!

sooooon enough sooooon enough cool.gif it's a loooooovely sunny day here in hakuba, probably great on the top of the mountain in terms of views today, but errrr yeh hopefully it will snow properly soon. actually i don't care, i'm still whacked out from the weekend. when i'm not hungover, it can snow lol.gif

helmets, yes AK get one baby, i think GIRO do a nice pink one to match your socks.