Hey people, I've been lurking around for quite a bit now, finally decided to register a few days ago \:\)

Anyway, I'm a bit of a snowboarding n00b since I've only been snowboarding once and that was for just one day... at an indoor centre.

I have been inline skating and ice skating for a long time so it didn't go bad at all (went down the "Experienced people only" section after about 30 minutes and had a blast \:D

On top of that, I'm going with a friend of mine who has never snowboarded at all.

Since I've never been on a *real* mountain before I was wondering where would be a good place to lose my mountain-boarding-virginity?

My friend lives in Chiba so we're going to the Nagano region since that's pretty close by.

After spending some time browsing the SnowJapan website I've come to the conclusion that Hakuba would be an excellent choice. But now for the resort choice... which resort would be best for n00bs like us?

The Hakuba 47 & Hakuba Goryu combination looks pretty sweet to me, but what do you guys and girls say?

You'll enjoy pretty much anything you hit first time out. Any of the main resorts in Hakuba will satisfy your itch. If you are going all the way from Chiba then I assume you're staying a few nights? If so then try a couple of the places \:\)

I also live in Chiba, if you are looking for the nearest slope it is Hunter Mountain. If you are a beginner it will do you OK, other than that the only thing going for it is the distance to here. THere is a beginner half pipe and advanced pipe too though, not that i reccomend you attempting that though obviously.

Iwappara is a good beginner mountain. I hit it last year with a group of friends of varying ability and we were able to get around the whole mountain without leaving anyone behind. I would have liked something a bit more challenging, but it was good for the crew we had assembled that day.

-SJA