Well I arrived in Niseko!!

It's awesome here, was snowing all day - It has stopped in the last couple of hours, although i'm hoping it will continue into the night!

took forever in transit.. spent a night on the tokyo streets because i'm too tight to pay 20,000 yen for a room that i'll only be in for 5 hours! Would have been worth it though haha.

anyway, I think my internet usage will be limited, but i'm here for the whole season ( end of feb ) so if you're comin to niseko feel free to message me on here

Niseko now this morning said tomorrow temperatures may rise above freezing level, I actually doubt it, and Yahoo Weather seems to agree. Anyway, what is clear is that there seems to be a little warming trend for next week, although I don't think it will have too much of an effect on the current snow.

if anything, it will help the basing.

Here's the latest forecast:

More powder everyday until I arrive. And then powder in the morning and blue skies in the afternoon. More powder while I'm dining and then dead silence for my nighters.

I wonder where the guy from "Niseko now" gets his weather forecasts, all the forecasts I've seen give snow for the resorts and the temperature doesn't go above -1, even at village level. If he is looking at the yahoo forecast for the village of Niseko, I wonder if he knows that any forecast for more than 2 days is the same as sapporo.

What forecasts are you using for the resorts coldcat?

The Niseko Now forecast was pretty spot on as the temp on the 7th got almost to 2 degrees in the village and we did start out with wet snow/sleet.

coldcat the following site has current temps for Niseko township. It also shows the daily temperature extremes and has a livecam looking back to Niseko Annupuri.

niseko town official website

Niseko Hirafu is at about the same altitude but is generally a little colder due to the proximity to the mountain.

I don't think the yahoo temps are for the base of the mountain. They seem more like at mid mountain. It was definitely drizzling this morning but has fined up this afternoon. I went down to Kutchan at lunch time and it was 4.7 degrees there. So it's at least 3 degrees in Hirafu.

Why would they take the temp from the middle of the mountain? it doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, as I said before, you are lucky enough to live there so you have information from 1st hand. I just wonder what the heck is going on with yahoo weather forecasts?

• 4 weeks later...