I wear'em while i ride. I feel that black anger convaied threw politacal and racialy charged hip-hop songs help add a thugish edge to my riding style. Any off you guys/girls wear headphones?

Does it effect your mind state when your making turns?

What type of music sets you mind right to ride?

Are there cons to wearing them?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea the cons are that you cant hear other riders or the area around you.

Of course I ride with headphones cause it allows me to focus. Though I usually ride alone if I was with friends riding I might not need the music to keep me focused. I've rode with and w/o music alone and I lose my focus w/o music which causes me to hurt myself more from stupid mistakes. If you pay attention to the area around you you should be fine.

I tend to listen to more punk rock when I board.

I really really hate riding with people with headphones and generally refuse to go with them. You can't communicate with them and it's a mix of frustating and dangerous. thumbsdown.gif

So I think Burton incuding free headphones with their jackets is irresponsible.

That said, if the park rats want to ride with headphones then good for them. Just stay away from me!

Quote:
Originally posted by Early Cuyler:
I wear'em while i ride. I feel that black anger convaied threw politacal and racialy charged hip-hop songs help add a thugish edge to my riding style. Any off you guys/girls wear headphones?
Does it effect your mind state when your making turns?
What type of music sets you mind right to ride?
Are there cons to wearing them?
I ride with headphones.
It's cool.

I like to tell people this on internet forums.
I like to confirm the old powder skiers' preconceptions of park riding snowboarders with my choice of music and lack of spelling ability.
Then wind them up even more by asking if there could be any cons to wearing headphones?

Are you for real? confused.gif

I hope this is a pretty amusing joke by somebody trying to wind up FT.
lol.gif

I know its a troll working his or her way to gettng banned, im not stupid. im just making sure that some people this year know that I wont stand for the headphones. I find it a risk at all times granted ill give hiking a booter or hiking the pipe a break.

I`ll rock headphones if

a) its at a hill piping annoying j-pop thru the tower speaker system,

or

B) I`m riding powder alone, and i can enjoy a dub and reggae mix i made especially for such moments.

and speaking of angry political hip-hop, i just scored a used copy if Poor Righteous Teachers` slept-on album, NWO.

Seriously, one of the best golden-era hip hop albums EVER.

I'd never ride with headphones if i was with someone I might consider them by myself but mailny for the lifts and non riding times. Something about being off course with the dead'nd sound hearing my board ploughing thru and hearing whats going on around me.

On the runs anyone who uses them are just being dangerous.

In the park is another thing, if you are just hitting the pipe all day then you might need them to drown out the J pop alothough they're still not 100% safe in there either.

aK 77-

Its not a joke. I think its ok to ask people there opintion about this topic and others. Thats what this is here for. I like what you have to say also. I just think you could try to understand more and not let you fear of another's way to communicate generate only hate. Thanks friend...Earl

i've tried skiing with music on several occasions with varied success. sometimes i get the perfect tune for the moment, but most of the time it just doesn't work. i find my thoughts and emotions are running too fast for music to keep up with when ever i am doing anything physical and i would prefer to have the moment dictate my state of mind and being rather than the music i listen to.

plus as all the other squares :p are pointing out there are big danger and respect factors to take into consideration.

as for music i listen to on the hour long bus trip up to the mountain: Black Sabbath, Amon Tobin, Aphex Twin, Nine Inch Nails, Tool ect.

I ride with headphones occasionally, if i'm with other people I will either not wear headphones or only have music playing in one ear so I am alert to what is going on around me.

Earl, I love a bit of hip-hop whilst riding. It almost always has a good beat, infectious rhymes and it amps me up the most. Sometimes, when i'm riding and I know there's a break coming up or a beat is about to drop I look for a hit or a powder bank and hit it as hard as I can in time with the music. That's a great feeling. Then when you stomp it you can hand jive to the next few bars of the song....sometimes.