What kind of socks do you recommend for skiing? I'm going to be doing a lot of skiing this season rather than boarding and want to hear what people use if anything in particular.

Cheers

Another fan of Smartwools, I also use dif. Smartwools hiking in the summer. I've got a couple pairs of Bridgedales, but they got all loose after a bit. I don't know what Bridgedales I've got, but obviously the wrong ones. Any sock with "precision" in the name sounds tight, I'll have to check those out.

For me thiner is better it's a throwback frm an old pair of Hansen boots that you would ski bear foot in.

I have seen some smartwool socks over here. But most of the socks I own I either brought over with me or ordered from the states.

Thin is Better. Nothing bids up around the foot. It also gives better feed back.

I tried skiing with those five-toed ski socks last season.

I should preface this with the fact that I wear fitted ski boots, but having material between each toe made them spread too wide and they were squished up against the sides of my boots. Never again.

Anything in smartwool that doesn't bunch up around the ankle is what I look for, though smartwool doesn't seem to last as long as other synthetics.

Dumbstick, I have. I have a mixed feeling about them. Because they are comfortable at first but after six or 7 hours your feet and thighs become the shape of them(as with all socks but a bit more pronounced). I will go back to my original recomendation of getting Japanese 5 toed ski/board socks. They keep your toes quite dry so the sweat doesnt get cold quickly.