so if i wnated to head to the hakuba region, mostly to ride park, 47 or yanaba, in feb, how many days will the park be wrecked by snow? also how intense are the ski patrol? people's reviews - though half of the reviewers seem pretty lame - are so mixed up, can i ride all of the off piste on these deep powder days without getting caught easy enough?

"Rico you are about the first person that wants to come to Japan to ride park

Sad indeed"

you mean its sad i want to or sad more people don't? i'm confused.

also i don't just want to ride park there. i had just heard that the powder is sick anywhere you head to the big areas in japan so i thought i would try and combine some of that legendary powder with the most entertaining park and nightlife i could find.

i would head back to the states but i cant get enough time off work to make it worthwhile so i figured japan is reasonably close to OZ and i have never been there so i'll check it out. i will also be heading to NZ to ride Snowpark in august so i will still get a park fix then too.

fattwins you are in the know on hakuba area, the hakuba 47 site claims it has 15 - 20 metre kicker plus a few solid 10 -12 types, and the pipe there looks good enough. the only thing it doesn't have is much to be jibbing on. but i don't see that in any of the japanese parks i look at.

also how is the nightlife in the hakuba area?

yeah, the 47 park is not bad at all, and there are other fun parks too, Yanaba also in Hakuba, for example.

I didn't want to bad-mouth the area (it's where i'll be riding!) but just wanted to avaoid any disappointment compared to American parks.

Japan has other things to offer that are great too, like all the snowfall, the onsens (hotsprings) after riding, food, etc.

hope you come and shred!

• 2 weeks later...

Rico, (think I have written this b4 in a post years ago)but the safest kicker would be at Dyna near the quad. As FT said they have a spotter at all times it is open generally is about a 2 metre floater with a 12-14 metre table.

They do boost it up when the Eisher Tour go there...Also they built another sizable kicker further up the hill for those lads, think it was maybe comparable to the X-games stuff. FT got vid/pics of it, I think