yeah, i mean parks as in jumping parks, pipes, walls, rails. i spent last season in colorado and california and since this season in aus. sucked ass i am hanging out to ride park again and am going to japan.

Don`t forget your ridiculous steeze when you go.

To enter a terrain park in Japan you must sport at least 3 or more of the following

-A towel hanging out of your back pocket

-wearing your goggles to the side

-have your board covered in logos

-a chalkbag

-one piece of volcom apparel

-matching pants and jacket (extra points for a one-piece with a fur-lined hood)

-a bandana a la Shawn White

-if you are female, you must wear excessive amouts of makeup, and stop at least twice a run to check it and fix it

-and finally, a state of mind where you take dork-tricks very, very, seriously

enjoy!

Quote:
Originally posted by rico the wonderboy:
do i need a XXXXXL NBA singlet to go over everything too? and a distinct lack of riding ability to go with all my schizzle gear?
it definately wouldn`t hurt.

But ride like you are a robot, with LOTS of prebang and afterbang.

Niseko had a pretty good park last year, on the far right part looking up the hill and decent size pipe too. Kickers were medium size, plus some rails and it was in really good condition the non pow day we took a few runs through it. There was also a lame but fun few hits on the Annupuri side as well.

Can`t remember how many jumps and rails there were though, I am pretty sure Hakuba47 has more stuff in it`s park, so maybe check the Niseko website and see if it tells you anymore.

Yeh sorry JB but the niseko park sucked last season. I suppose it's relative though.

The one thing about Niseko jumps is that they are completely horrible. They never have enough of a 'kick' to them. Most of the time, with my slow board I couldn't even get enough speed to clear the tabletop even after straightlining it from hundreds of metres up the hill.

It was a HUGE come-down after riding the geometrically perfect jumps of Whistler-Blackcomb the year before. In short - the Niseko parks sucked.

PS the rails sucked too. Powder wasn't bad though.

I'm not a park man but I think FT is on the money.

What I've seen at Takasu & Dyna appear to be the goods.

Well laid out, variety, big (to me) and s-p-r-e-a-d out.

Mid week was not crowded at all and the park pigs were wallowing.

i spent last season in a combination of aspen hitting up the buttermilk x games park, and also in mammoth hitting up... well mammoth, which was totally sick, but the x games pipe had it all over the mammoth one. so i don't want to ride any half assed parks like niseko sounds. i am loving these reports of takasu and of hakuba, have looked at them in a bit of detail, its pretty rough trying to negotiate websites in japanese to find park pics when you don't speak japanese. but the takasu snow park does hit the spot.

I am not saying I hit the park at Niseko more than one day, but the day I went the kickers were perfectly groomed and had really nice transitions and good sized ramps. Snow was fairly hard and it was no problem to clear the tabletops.

packed ay? i was told earlier that the takasu area isn't nearly as good for powdering up though. if i wanted to ride mainly park but with a few powder days when they arise, can i easily transfer between these two areas, i see on the map that they are reasonably close. like is it a trip you'd try for a day? or would you take a few days to the other if you were staying at one.

If you are used to riding park in the states, and at resorts like Mammoth, NOTHING in Japan will come anywhere near the parks you have ridden.

Of what is here, Takasu looks like the best place to visit, or Dynaland next door to it, but even those parks will be at most a quarter of what is in Mammoth.

That is not to say they will be bad, but just don't expect anything near X-Games standards!

ALTS Bandai does seem to host the Burton Open each year - anyone know if they ship in foreign park designers for that, or develop what is already there?

Is the slopestyle course left up afterwards for everyone to ride, or is it destroyed?