First of all, thanks for anyone who is able to offer advice on this...

I am looking to board this year and have decided to buy everything and go for it. I have tried Victoria Sports and it seems I am a good fit for a 11.5 Burton Driver X (J=29.5cm)

Q1) At the time, I didn't see any SL-9's there, but as a general rule of thumb, for Burton, if I fit a 11.5 in one model, will I fit the same in another, i.e. am I an 11.5 in SL-9 too? I am trying to make time to get back down to Jimbocho later this week to try a few more on, but I tend to not find much in my size, so may need to resort to buying online, so need to know if I can risk getting SL-9's or if I should stick to the Driver X's.

Q2) Anyone know a decent online resource (or preferably actual store in Tokyo...) for larger size 2007 Burton boots? Preferably with a few bucks knocked off. I seem to be able to find plenty around in the cheaper bracket (20~35% off retail) up to about 27.5 or 28cm, but above that, they are tricky to get hold of. I found a guy on Yahoo Auctions that seems to send them from the US, but it takes a couple of weeks for them to get here and I am kinda thinking to go to Kiroro next weekend to kickstart my season...

Q3) I bought a board last week (unused 2006 Airwalk, 260mm waist) for 6,000 yen! Should be fine for learning the ropes, I hope, but will my large feet be ok on this board in Driver X's or should I go for SL-9's anyway?

Q4) I haven't thus far considered the Burton ION model, so should I? They do look pretty stylish...

Any Burton experts out there able to offer some quick responses? Much appreciated...

Jester

may not be cheap, but at least you may find someone knowledgable/sizes you want at their new flagship in harajuku:

Burton Tokyo Store Address

5-17-4 Jingumae (a.k.a ‘Cat Street’)

Shibuya-ku

Tokyo, Japan 150-001

Phone: 03-5738-2777

I got a pair of Burtons(last year models) size 31, uk size 12 for 20,000 "freestyle". A bit ugly but had the best fit ever and enough toe room so I wont loose nails on Jumps. The staff there was very friendly and gave me a 60% discount. I dont mind if boots are too ugly because you will be covering most of them with your pants. I am looking for that guys meshi the shop is in Jinbocho.

don't get sl-9's before trying them on. they have a reduced footprint so they fit a bit tighter than ions or driver-x's. I tried them but I got pressure points so I didn't even consider them. Actually don't buy any boot without trying them on, even from the same company!

I have this year's ions and had last years too. they fit the same. the new ions have a new lacing system which i don't know if it will last. the lower speed zone seems pretty tight and looks to be difficult to loosen or tighten. but who knows how it will be until i break the boots in?

drivers are an excellent boot, I had them before the ions. If they feel good to you then grab them. go to the burton flagship store to try on all the styles, then go to jimbocho and price shop lol.gif . but it's pretty hard to decide between drivers and ions. If I had to pay I'd get the drivers since they are a bit cheaper. drivers are supposedly stiffer but I didn't really notice that much difference. they also have a vibram sole which is good if you want to go hiking in them (but when would you?)