I'll hopefully be in Niseko 28th dec until 6th jan. Ill be going with my wife and a few other friends. They have various levels but we don't have to be together all the time. I am quite comfortable with black runs, and done little off-piste. Not much into park but don't close any doors.

If anybody from SJ is going, I'd like to meet and maybe ride or ski together.

There's a whole village being built in Hanazono. Built from the ground up to make it an upmarket experience.

sadglass.gif

The trail map distinguishes between

Niseko Grand Hirafu - Hirafu Area

Niseko Grand Hirafu - Hanazono Area

And if you're riding in Hirafu, the announcements are: "Please go enjoy Hanazono open 'til 4" hungry for customers I suppose.

Last year you were able to ski all areas including Hanzano. I would still assume it to be the same this year. It still shows up on the Niseko web site.

I'll be there the Jan 5-7 with some luck.

Yes you can ski Hirafu and Hanazono on just the Grand Hirafu pass or you can go for the Niseko United which allows you to ski Higashiyama and An'nupuri as well as take the pitifully irregular shuttle between resorts.

Coldcat I'll also be taking some BC tours with the Instructor Academy peeps so will email you if I have some free days.

Quote:
Originally posted by thursday:
There's a whole village being built in Hanazono. Built from the ground up to make it an upmarket experience.
sadglass.gif

The trail map distinguishes between
Niseko Grand Hirafu - Hirafu Area
Niseko Grand Hirafu - Hanazono Area

And if you're riding in Hirafu, the announcements are: "Please go enjoy Hanazono open 'til 4" hungry for customers I suppose.
trail map has always been like that. Even Kogen and Alpine were split, as well as Hana way off the right too...but the 3 sections were all part of Hirafu vs. Higashiyama vs. Annupuri \:\) Hungry for customers, what, not 'nuff Aussies there for em? confused.gif