• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's the G7 ian?

yeh i'm serious about iceland --- i want to climb in the atlas mountains and do some photography in morocco, but need a climbing partner. if i can't find one, i'll take my tent and a mountain bike to iceland instead. probably less chance of having expensive photography equipment stolen in iceland, so maybe i'll just go there anyway! you are coming over to japan soon right?

G7 is made by canon, its a small point and shoot type camera but with the functions of an slr, feels like and slr too, its nice. Unless your really serious about photography this would do the trick, the lens on this is pretty close quality to the 18-200 your looking at(ive never looked at that lens but anything with that focal range likely isnt to amazing), and unless you want to sell pictures you likely wouldnt notice a difference.

I think its perfect for skiing it has a 35-210mm lens and takes super sharp images...the trick is knowing how to use it though...as with everything.

I may be over in May with some friends for a bike trip but not 100%, at this point maybe 85%.

well yes quite, bushy - a donkey or a kamoshika.

i've had a few cameras before and have a nice collection of pictures of architecture in russia, italy, scandinavia and the baltic countries ---- pre-hakuba days. but this is a new thing - i've got lots to learn with the D80, exciting!

and i need photoshop!!!!