Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
keep that snow up high please its too early really
yaa i agree it's way too early - keep it up here and off the roads. silly me didn't change the snow tires and tried to drive outa hakuba this morning, i got almost as far as sanosaka and had to turn around, my beast of a car was all over the place and since i changed my insurance to 3rd party only yesterday, didn't fancy crashing it... there was ice everywhere. i drove back into town at 20kph and got on the next train!!!

thanks betty baby - it's getting smaller i swear with every onsen. looking forward to physio session today.

as for being hot, thanks. i'm freezing cold and that photo was taken just after i had rolled out of bed ha ha. thought it was quite funny tho, cheers bettyx.
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fattwins, Eskimobasecamp, I'm actually quite happy to get snow this early. I was born in Spain so I can speak Spanish... In Spanish there's an old saying that says "anio de nieves, anio de bienes". The translation would read something like "a year with plenty of snow is a year with plenty of goodness", and believe me is quite old saying so I doubt they were skiing or boarding when they were using it.

I almost crashed my car against a police car who was stopped in the middle of the road last year. Here we didn't expect snow until January so when it started dumping in December I still hadn't change my tires.

Well there's nothing sexier than pretty girls in the snow....

Well, maybe pretty girls on the beach in a bikini waxing my board and rubbing sunscreen into my back. But i'm just opening up a big can of worms now. Ahh the snow bunny - so often a rare species in today's patriarchal dominated ski communities (better than 10-20 years ago I imagine).

I'd prefer a late start to the season, it hurts too much otherwise (cos I won't be there to enjoy it all!)

betty you've got it! while all the others buy hotels in hakuba at a drop of a hat without ever stepping foot in japan or hakuba..... we should go into the 'board rubbing and back waxing' business. out of some of these dudes all buying hotels, some of them have to have surfboards and hairy backs right?! yeh?! i think that's our 'niche' in the market baby..... providing a service for those who are flooding the other 'niche' lol thumbsup.gif