Yesterday's weather dropped about 50cm up high

But there wasn't a base so I was punching in pretty deep while skinning. So many rocks hidden under the snow. The wind moved the snow around enough that they were hidden from view. That made skiing not fun. But that's day 2 for me \:D

Skinned up above Kootenay pass. I skinned up to 2150 metres where the picture is taken

kootenaypassskiingrx0.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
what dslr do you reccommend?
hey ebc,
i recently bought the canon EOS digital rebel XT (or the more cutesy KISS N) in japan.
i'm enjoying it a lot. it is a great intro camera to the digital SLR world. it comes in three options, body only, body and 18-55mm zoom, and body, 18-55mm zoom and 55-200mm zoom. i got the last option, it ran me about 130,000 with the battery and memory card.

Of course I am looking for a good ski area, which is absolutely clear from everything I have read about SKogen area (Hakuba sounds cool also). However, it would be nice to do something in the evening with people! I wanna travel around different resorts in Japan this winter for skiing but if it is possible to get some place where you can meet some people and have a good time in the evening, then I would also like that.

Any suggestions???!

it's not really ski related, but the snow is falling up here as well. it came in fast, and actually was falling right down in the valley bottoms further north today. we went for a drive up to naruko onsen to see the fall colours and walk the gorge. the leaves had long since fallen, and the gorge was wet. onsen wasn't the best either. BUT, i did find a new touring destination for the winter. this was on the way home coming just after the sasaya tunnel connecting miyagi and yamagata. a group of bikers were stranded.

daver_7.jpg?a=496014937

oi! that photo was taken by my two-year-old vodafone hunk'a'junk, without a photoshop in sight.

ebc is THE hakuba ski bunny & no doubt will be bouncing around town sans leg lump by the time the resorts open.