If you want to go from Higashiyama to Hirafu via the Prince gondola, then forget it. The Prince gondola shuts at 5pm. The rest of the Higashiyama nighters are not worth going out for, it consists of the Prince Romance flat.

There is no nighter at Hanazono.

The best nighter is Hirafu and the lift operating times are here:

Hirafu lift operating hours

The shuttle between resorts operates until 9pm but it's about one bus per hour. Since you can't get to Hirafu from the top, then this is your only alternative unless you like hiking in the dark.

Quote:
Originally posted by coldcat:
so no way to get from one resort to another except by taxi? My accommodation is in Higashiyama, but I think I'd like to give a try to Hirafu night skiing too.
definitely dont miss it - Japan's #1 nighta IMO cool.gif That niseko gold powder falling, lines you just skied getting filled in with more powder, orange glow of lights off in the distance...berry berry robery!!

Watch out - the later buses are often crowded, and you might end up in a line at the bus stop. If you've ever seen those legendary pictures of the sardine-can midnight trains in Tokyo, you sort-of get the idea of what I'm getting at...

Quote:
Originally posted by spacmun:
Hi Folks

Heading to Niseko in January for the first time and staying at the Higashiyama Prince Hotel. Was wondering how well the 4 resorts are linked via the ski lifts/gondolas.

Are all 4 resorts reachable from the top of the mountain, and if so, what degree of difficulty is there? I'm going with the wife whom doesn't like to push it (on the mountain that is).

Is it a safer bet to catch the bus between resorts, or will my hesitant wife be able to handle it at the peak?

Cheers

BTW Is night skiing worth a go or just a toss?
 Quote:
Originally posted by spacmun:
Hi Folks

Heading to Niseko in January for the first time and staying at the Higashiyama Prince Hotel. Was wondering how well the 4 resorts are linked via the ski lifts/gondolas.

Are all 4 resorts reachable from the top of the mountain, and if so, what degree of difficulty is there? I'm going with the wife whom doesn't like to push it (on the mountain that is).

Is it a safer bet to catch the bus between resorts, or will my hesitant wife be able to handle it at the peak?

Cheers

BTW Is night skiing worth a go or just a toss?
Just a guess but have you booked with CX Holidays?

I stayed at this hotel last year and it really isn't that bad , whilst the hotel isn't great looking the setting is nice and I'm sure your wife will appreciate the fact that there is a gondola and chair lift pretty much in the hotel lobby and a nice nursery slope to get her warmed up. The view from the hotel Onsen is awesome. I must admit that the remote location means that I won't choose this hotel again as Hirafu is the place to be though a little busy and starting to get a little bit like Kings Cross in Sydney (great snow makes up for this)

If you like the powder Higashiyama is where I'll be heading first thing in the morning , even from Hirafu.

Night skiing is good out of Hirafu . I think its the biggest night skiing area in the world.

Have a great time,you'll love Niseko