• SnowJapan Admin

SNOW JAPAN MAPS

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/maps/index.html

http://www.snowjapanmaps.com (easy to tell people!)

We're very happy to be able to put our new major Snow Japan Maps section online.

In this new Snow Japan Maps section:

>> 43 original maps of popular Japan ski and snowboard regions;

>> Over 500 interactive resort maps (you can zoom in and out and move the maps).

>> 30 regional interactive maps of the main ski and snowboard regions of Japan

>> 32 prefecture interactive maps.

We hope that this new section of Snow Japan will make it much easier for everyone to find out where the literally hundreds of ski and snowboard resorts in Japan are located.

There are two types of Maps on Snow Japan - we've called them:

"Snow Japan Maps" - (static regional and close-up maps that we have created to help people get an idea of where resorts are located and how to get there) and

"Interactive Maps" - (fun interactive maps that you can zoom in and out on and switch from "map view" to "satellite view").

Many of the main links are presented on the Snow Japan Maps Index page , but please enjoy exploring the more than 600 pages in the section. There's a lot of fun to be had in this new section. We've posted some examples for the Hakuba region below (see next post in this thread).

For each of the maps in the Interactive Maps section, you can zoom in, zoom out, move the map around and switch from "Map View" to "Satellite View". Use the buttons on the map, as indicated below. You can also left click anywhere on a map and drag it in any direction.

map-guide.gif

You will notice that the text on the Interactive Maps is Japanese - that cannot be helped. But we still think that the maps as they are will be extremely useful for anyone planning to visit Japanese resorts. We have added English links to relevant "further information" on Snow Japan for all of the resorts on every page which makes it easier to use and useful even if you cannot read any Japanese.

A few other points:

- You may need to wait a while on some maps while the information downloads - please just wait until the resort icons appear.

- In certain cases, you may need to refresh your browser for a map to appear.

There's a lot of fun to be had with these maps - we hope you enjoy them.

-------------------------------------------------

NOTES & DISCLAIMERS:

It is very important to us that the information we present is accurate. While every effort has been made to ensure the information in this section is as accurate as possible, there may be some omissions or mistakes. If you find anything, please let us know and we will look into it immediately.

You will notice that the text on the Interactive Maps is Japanese - that cannot be helped. But we still think that the maps as they are will be extremely useful for anyone planning to visit Japanese resorts. We have added English links to relevant "further information" on Snow Japan for all of the resorts on every page which makes it easier to use and useful even if you cannot read any Japanese.

The original maps that we have created are not supposed to be used as 100% accurate road maps. The idea was to provide general maps that give our readers very useful information about the relative location of resorts, and a good idea of the main ways to get to those resorts. We recommend getting a detailed map of regions if you plan to travel. Snow Japan takes no responsibility for any travel decisions made based on our maps.

The vast majority of Japanese ski and snowboard resorts are represented in this section. Any omissions are most likely because we did not have the relevant information and we would be happy to add them.

You can contact us at editor@snowjapan.com with any comments and suggestions. For a number of reasons we would prefer you sending us specific suggestions to us by email rather than on the Forums. We will respond to any mails you send.

Enjoy!

• SnowJapan Admin

Here's some eamples of the types of maps that you can find in our Maps section:

HAKUBA AREA: (Original SnowJapan.Com map)

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/maps/snow-jap...ano-hakuba.html

nagano-hakuba.jpg

CLOSE UP OF HAKUBA: (Original SnowJapan.Com map)

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/maps/snow-jap...hakuba-map.html

close-up-hakuba.jpg

HAKUBA AREA - Interactive Map View

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/maps/japan-map-and-satellite-photos/nagano-prefecture/hakuba.html

hakuba-map-view.jpg

HAKUBA AREA - Interactive Satellite View

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/maps/japan-map-and-satellite-photos/nagano-prefecture/hakuba.html

hakuba-satellite-view.jpg

Just spent an hour or so playing around with this lot.

This maps section totally rocks, it will be incredibly useful.

I wish I had been able to use this lot when I first came here.

interesting how it loads much faster on your site than when you just run it from google local. are you hosting that map data on your server or is it coming live from google every request?

Quote:
I wish I had been able to use this lot when I first came here.
I think a lot of us will be thinking that. Thats a really really good addition to the site. Very useful and the links on all the pages are really good too.

\:D

Only taken a quick look but it looks like this is going to be very useful.

I've just learnt more about where resorts are in the last 15 minutes than I think I knew up until 15 minutes ago!

I love this section. It is going to be really useful this year. Last year I was a bit lost with all the names and everything but this will really make it much easier to understand where things are. Great addition

• 3 weeks later...

I've been spendin some time playing around with this section the last few weeks. Just want to say, those maps you have made are really good. And the pages that pinpoint every resort are really great too. Excellent new section.