• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by soubriquet:
I'll post this as it may be of interest to business peeps here.

The bank rang soubriquette this lunchtime to tell her that there is a government scheme for low interest business loans and they have put her in it. It is effectively a line of credit, and she can draw up to 2 million Yen at nominal interest rate. Repayments can be made as and when. That's a pretty useful lump of working capital for a small business, especially one like hers which is highly seasonal.
Sounds a little different but Me Tarzan took out small business gov loans when he started his places. The interest is really low on them but I think you need to be Japanese or at least have a guarantor in Japan. His are secured against his parents' house.

In soubriquette`s case, she`s been running the business for 20 years, and has 7 employees. There`s no doubt she`s serious, and the business is viable. Anyway, my point is that at around 1% with no fixed repayments, it`s a useful resource to have at the end of a lean month.

Quote:
Sounds a little different but Me Tarzan took out small business gov loans when he started his places. The interest is really low on them but I think you need to be Japanese or at least have a guarantor in Japan. His are secured against his parents' house.
I also had small business loans supported by the government - I've had 2 and paid both off (yay) and you don't need to be Japanese but you do need to have a Japanese company - I think you need either a Yugen Gaisha or a Kabushiki Kaisha to qualify for the small business loan programs.

Japanese company structures have just changed and the legal requirements are now different so you'd have to do some research to figure out how to be in a position to qualify.

Well, if you'll forgive another inane comment from a European, that's probably because input from Japanese is not apparently their strong suit when it comes to service innovation.

Plus there are not that many active Japanese on this site.

I think at least

#1. Unlimimted number of Happy 7 ski pass (not only 300 pieces every season)

#2. Convenient shuttle bus service network which connect all mountains.

#3. English signboards for those who don't speak Japanese.

#4. Worldwide promotion standing on the strategic point of view, not on the diplomatic one.

Maybe there must be a lot more, but it really depends on who says it. Different people have different qualifications. Some before me said a railway from Nagano, but I think it will be unprofitable, none wants to try.

Weegeoff, I think perhaps because it's a bit hard to talk about this kind of topics not in their mother tongue. If topics are something else which is easier e.g. about girls, guys, etc, perhaps a lot more Japanese would post some, I guess. \:D And as ocean11 said, not so many active J posters here. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I am still interested in progressing something although it wont be a tittie bar (nor would it have ever been) so you can stop making the protest signs and organising a picket \:\)

Any other ideas pop up over the last month or so?

Hope everyone is well and it looks like a few are maybe already getting turns in. Awesome.