• SnowJapan Admin

When I first came here I remember Kagura opening up much earlier than that.

Some more planned opening dates from this area:

Kagura -25th Nov

Iwappara - open as soon as they can after 1st Dec

Gala Yuzawa - 8th Dec

Ishiuchi - 16th Dec

Kandatsu - 16th Dec

NASPA - 23rd Dec

Naeba - 23rd Dec (though will be open much earlier with artificial snow)

\:\)

The worst. The absolute worst thing about not living in Japan is missing this whole pre-season count down. Watching the weather maps, checking the snow falls and depths and making plans (or leaving your weekends open... just in case there is an early fall), getting the gear ready (or just getting the gear out and playing with it for a while), shopping for new gear that you don't need but can't live without and the feel of that first cold wind coming off the mountains ... all goes out the window. Opening dates and snow falls and stuff like that are about as relevant to me now as Bush's popularity rating. mad.gif

I dont wanna say 100% sure, but most probably yes.

The line last year, just to get on the gondola was till the entrance of the Mitsumata parking. It took me 40 minutes just to get on the damn thing. Still lots of sasa etc, so dont expect much from the opening day.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rag-Doll:
The worst. The absolute worst thing about not living in Japan is missing this whole pre-season count down.
Mate, I would have thought the absolute worst thing about not living in Japan would be living in Hong Kong. Although it could be waaaaay worse, you could be in Singapore. Or Brisbane.

Lets face it, not living in a snow country would be a nightmare if the one thing you liked was snow.

> Mate, I would have thought the absolute worst thing about not living in Japan would be living in Hong Kong. Although it could be waaaaay worse, you could be in Singapore. Or Brisbane.

lol.gif

Honkers is ok. There is more of an outdoors lifestyle than was available in Tokyo. It is much easier to get involved in sports here, lots bush trails for hiking and running and heaps of swimming pools and even the odd beach if you're not toooooo picky. Running through the forest and hills behind my place and catching glimpses of the sea is somewhat better than doing laps of Yoyogi park. Sometimes even the pollution isn't too bad either. That said, HK is only a place to work and I would leave tomorrow without looking back. Japan (the people, the landscape, the SNOW!) on the other hand is a place that I expect (hope) to be returning to over and over again for many years to come.

Singapore = death

Brizzie cops a bit of stick but it's not a bad place and we're only going back when we can afford to spend a lot of time in cold mountainous places like Japan, South America, Alaska, Europe, the US, Greenland etc. ;\)