Check out the new Shaun White collection. Pay close attention to an item called "The Jacket of the Gods".

I guess they are two companies sharing the same brand:

Burton a: maker of good snowboards for decades (but that applies to only a few boards in their range)

Burton b: maker of stupid shit.

Burton has been on a downhill slide for the past decade. Their stuff may work wonderfully for the first couple months, but are notorious for falling apart quickly. This applies to everything from boots, to outerwear, to boards and bindings. The only stuff i haven`t personally see fall apart has been the RED line of helmets and tools.

there are many more companies putting out better and more durable products that Burton. As for fashion, Burton is not the only one putting out idiotic shit (Japanese companies are working hard on bringing the equivelant of their 80`s style one-pieces to modern snowboard wear), although Burton did break the mold about 6 years back with their one-piece LEATHER body condoms.

Yeah, fair call. I suppose I only jumped up on Burton as this is the first time I have browsed online catalogues of various snowboard brands, particularly Burton as there flash site has not worked on my work pc for over 2 years.

I normally like the burton line but this year's outerwear really sucks imo. boots and boards look good though. not sure about the bindings this year as they have an extra knob on the capstrap which will break I think.

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
and recently I've learnt that they aquired Al Merrik surfboards.
i guess everyone has their price hey?
when i started snowboarding i had all burton gear and never had any trouble- its good gear. as i got into it more i realised that there is as good and better gear around- personal taste i guess.
arrow.gif i did some riding with a guy who at the time worked for burton- he organised the burton cup- he told me that they had the technology to make gear that lasts way longer than it normally does but if they made it they`d have no repeat sales..and average punters wouldn`t be able to afford it in the first place