The highest elevation you have skied/boarded at?

I stood at 4810m with my board but walked down to 4500m before strapping in and riding. Mont Blanc.

The highest lift served point I have ridden from is at les Grand Montets, 3300m. Besides the fact it has incredible terrain, it also has the greatest lift served vertical in the world (2000m). You can ride it top-to-bottom several times in a day. I know a guy that did 20,000m of vert in one day.

I made a huge typo: les Grand Montets highest lift is 3300m, not 3800m. The top-to-bottom lift served vert is 2000m (I have since corrected the mistake in the original post)

It is however not only possible but incredibly easy and popular to take a lift to 3800m in Chamonix and ride from there (Aiguille du Midi), although the top part is 55 ice and 99.99% of people walk down the ridge holding onto a rope, after which 99.98% of people commence down the utterly boring and flat descent down the Vallee Blanche.

yeah, same for me as snowglider, Arapahoe-Basin in Colorado: 13,050 ft / 3977.64 metres

always loved the east wall, two dozens chutes to choose from. patorl religiously closed the hiking trail at 1 or 2 pm, rightly so.

and a-basin beach parties in may were/are great--bbq in the parking lot.

3,250m on skiis in Hintertux, Austria - have skiied there in the 70's and was back last April. The glacier is much smaller - but there are many more lifts now.

I wasn't on skiis but the highest (altitude wise) I have been is 5,000 plus meters in Tibet in 1987 - very near the Everest base camp staging area. Weather moved in and we could not get to the first camp but at that altitude, walking, breathing and everything else was a challenge so it was a relief to head back to Lhasa. The most amazing scenery I have ever encountered.

I skied there in summers from 1976 to 1979 when I was ski bumming in Austria.

First trip to Tibet was in 1986 - just when it first opened for travelers - was pretty wild territory then.

Is 48 an oldie? Careful - you'll get here sooner than you think!

I met my wife while waterskiing on the lake below the glacier in the Zeller See Austria. The next day we were on the piste at 3000m (Kitzsteinhorn). I felt pretty high that day. That was in 1986. We are still an item.

A truly memorable trip. Not technically challenging skiing or climbing but the debilitating effects of altitude make it a real achievement to reach the summit (my head was pounding). Flew into Kashgar from Beijing. The silk road area around Kashgar is fascinating. Camels carry gear into base camp. The mountain looks like a big "ramp" with slopes on the climb no more than 25 degrees. Up to the summit is less than 10 degrees. Lots of opportunity to acclimitize with lots of movement up the mountain and back down to lower camps. Had ankle deep powder on descent but near the summit very firm. Amazing views of Steppes and Tien Shan mountains.Went on an organised trip with 'summit climb'- about 3 and a half weeks ex Kashgar for around US$3500. If you like combining scaling a high mountain with some skiing I highly recommend this trip.

puretele, 7545m....

That it quite a height!!!

I can't imagine skiing/boarding at that altitude.

You must be completly spent at the end of the day!

For me, 3580m. Dome de la Lauze between Les 2 Alpes & La Grave in France. And it was before they had the lifts facilitating the junction between the 2, so we had to hike up!

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
Besides the fact it has incredible terrain, it also has the greatest lift served vertical in the world (2000m).
La Grave does not have bad vert either at 2150m... ;\)