What's the most air you can get, whether it be skiing or snowboarding? Come on boast about your amazing flying abilities.

I'm keen on playing a bit more this coming season and trying to learn some new tricks and want some inspriration.

(Different thing, but often wonder how guys go from small jumps to trying out those huge ski jumps).

i think david benedek just broke the 4second barrier on his snowboard on a specially designed uber-booter. bleeding long time if you think about it. Mads Jonsson's frontside 360 on the longest kicker in the world (think it was last season) must be a fair bit of air! he went on to break his hand doing a bs 7. nutter.

I have had hours of air time on skis. In my dreams. But its one dream I like to have even if the scenery is a repeat.

I've had ski flying dreams since my first 'real' GS race when I was 15.

• 4 weeks later...

That's a funny question....does anyone ever take a stopwatch up the mountain with them and time how long they are in the air from take-off to landing?

I think not... I suppose if you had it on film you coluld work it out. It's an interesting subject though: How much air you ACTUALLY get vs how much air you THINK you are getting....

What's more, a lot of people think that they can repeatedly speed-check on the run in and then seem surprised when they don't even make it half-way to the landing ramp and land on the flats.

So how much air can I get? Not much...