• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guyz, thanx for your messages... haven't been on here for a good few days now. not doing too great unfortunately - this is going to take a bit of time to heal, a week and a half on and i'm constantly in a lot of pain and can't walk very well, the tissue in my leg is really badly damaged - though i didn't break myself, it's quite bad. we were going to hit a club field called mt olympus today, which looks sick, but the weather closed in and there is no way i could have skied. have major camping and training plans for as soon as i return to hakuba and the run up to winter, but it looks like i'll have to see how my leg goes. nonetheless and despite the damn pain, i'm very much enjoying a break from japan and work - and just loving new zealand, it lives up to every expectation and i'd love to come back here one day with a partner and just tour around the club fields. i'm in christchurch now and the drive up here passing lake tekapo with a stunning view of mount cook was definitely the highlight of that trip. now enjoying the odd glass of vino, rugby and fish and chips with the legendary evergreen miles (not a real name). hmmm hmmm just to clear shit up, yeahh dizzy boy i had been skiing that line and others like it all morning - i went back in the afternoon and the snow had turned to crap by then. i don't wanna talk about it all that much anymore, but all i can say is people - f****n wear a helmet people, it saved my ass. anyway, i've enjoyed my time in new zealand, despite not skiing hard out without stopping like i thought i would, but i'm getting a refund on my seasons pass and i've met a ton of great people, seen my little brother and evergreen miles and just generally had a super chilled (sorry) time out here. i leave christchurch on monday and fly to sydney for a few days to hang out with mominoki alana (not a real name)... but the question on everyone's lips is... where the hell is bettyx?!!!! wales... argentina.... japan... australia? i can't keep up!!!!!!

cb - are you back in jp? how is your trip goin? big love to the ewok! missin you guys, hope ur having an amazing time.

dizzy - what's goin on? i'm down for some camping when back and have a new large ride to drive around japan now if you wanna go check out some cool camping spots and mountains... the mountains part depends on my gammy leg though ;\) hope the heat aint too HOT in tokio

Mt Olympus! thats was always on my to do list, but the right conditions never presented themselves.

Bummer about your leg, I got a nasty contusion this past season on my leg when I made love to a Happo tree, I can fully sympathize EBC, mine was on the hamstring which made walking very difficult.

Take it easy girl.

I heard this past weekend was supposed (forecasters were predicting) to be the worst weather all winter - how did it pan out?

Just got back from our Queenstown trip.

We had an absolute blast. Spent most of our time at the Remarks as usual and had a great time. We substituted our day at Cardrona for a day of heliskiing, which I found really scary and really exhausting but a great experience overall. The scariest part was the ride up and being up so high in what felt like the middle of nowhere. I honestly thought I was going to be sick. It wasn't until we were halfway down that I loosened up a bit and began to enjoy it.

Some pics:

Shot from the copter:

heli.jpg

My bf walks off all sad after breaking his binding

defeat.jpg

Random mountain shot from the hotel

hotel.jpg

Scenic shot on the route home

road.jpg

EEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Are they snow fences? I didn't think NZ would need them (to create snow drifts and retain the snow on the pistes).

It looks very rocky. Looks like Scotland.

defeat.jpg

>>being up so high in what felt like the middle of nowhere.

That is the exact reason for going up there \:\)

howdy, i'm in oxford but heading to cornwall tomorrow to learn how to surf (*ahem*) but i'll be back in japan next tuesday -- provided i can get outta the UK. security is tight but so is my budget, so they'd better let me outta here!

hope yr wounds are healing up ok?