Patrol dude,

I like the black uniforms and the storm trooper helmets. A real friendly uniform.

Aside from the front, I like the way you dudes drive the snowmobile up the mountain and come back with smei-corpses. Something I'd not do for a living.

Black uniforms? Can't remember seeing any black. (Maybe Kagura?) But you want a color that stands out from the snow surely.

You have a big problem with ski patrol for some particular reason thursday?

• 3 weeks later...

I was surprised when I went to Niseko.

I was expecting to see hundreds of ski-patrol all over the place confiscating lift passes and generally causing havoc. But that was not the case. I ducked under several ropes for about 4 and a half weeks yet did not even hear as much as a whistle from anyone!

Also going up the Ace 2 lift over the permanently closed supercourse (due to large cracks), I noticed many many tracks through the prohibited area. I didn't risk entering the supercourse (as tempting as it was). I found that as long as you avoided dangerous areas or permanently closed areas, the ski patrol were very reasonable and of absolutely no hinderance to me.

I suppose all in all i was disappointed I didn't get told off once during my whole trip! As I said, I ducked a lot of ropes!

No, I duck ropes. I don't bat for the other team. Those who bat for the other team bend over to get under a rope. It's all about the technique.

I'll be happy to wear the tag of a fag for making calculated decisions to go into roped-off areas that presented no risk but the promise of fresh, deep powder. Whatever

I think there are some crossed wires here, best to defuse before it blows up. Although it sounds like it, he wasn't calling you a fag, he was referring to an earlier assertion of mine in another thread that Niseko is very popular with the Australian gay community as a ski holiday destination. Nothing more was meant by it (I assume).

> Are they really lenient in Niseko

I don't know whether they are all that lenient it is just that there is a lot more open terrain in Niseko so the need/issue of rope ducking isn't what it can be at other places. The couple of times I've been to Niseko it seemed that most of the areas (most mind, not all) were roped off for a pretty obvious reason.

Snosurf - some of those tracks on the super course might have been mine. You missed out on a great run if you didn't duck that particular rope.

Kagura is lenient about rope ducking. It's almost as if the ropes aren't there.

snosurf,

that one time I saw the patrol confront anybody was when I was going up on Ace 2 and the lady has just ducked under the rope to the Super course. Aparently there had been an avalanche or something a week earlier.

ok no worries, it's all good. I read your post about niseko being a gay 'mecca' for aussie skiiers. It was funny!

Yeh rag doll, i have to say i'm jealous. supercourse was tempting when the winds came up, but any other time i know i could find lines with deeper, fresher pow.

thursday, i saw similar incidents to you. I also heard that they created a roadblock at the bottom of supercourse one day and were catching a whole bunch of naughty people.