I've got some old Nike ACG bib pants from 6 years ago (on sale in Japan!) that are the spitting image of those Ronin bibs!

It's quite funny if you get the matching jackets and pants - but two major faults:

1) you gotta throw down if you're gonna front that kind of look - everyone's going to be judging

2) it's way too much money for a joke! better to find a real retro fluro suit for like 5000 yen!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't reccommend burton. I saqw a girl put her thumb clean through a pair of 2l AK pants while wiping the water off of them.

Plus, 2 out of the 3 instructors that bought 2l pants when i was in Whis, had the front pockets rip off at the edges after onlt 2 weeks of riding.

I have the same pair, and haven't had any problems yet, but i'm afraid its because i hardly used them.

ok there are almost no true BC riders that i know of using snowboard cut clothing for touring. baggey and crampons dont work you will destroy your pants the first time you use them. ask yourself what you are buyinf the kit for? we bend way more sking too so the excuse that you need baggy is just that. buy a slightly larger Jacket if you are worried.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:

I'm sure our resident gear whore Spud will jump with a page-long post that will clear it all up lol.gif
Spud how about starting a Gear wikipedia?
yeah ha ha ha...

its already under construction

Quote:
Originally posted by AK 77:

Stear well clear of mountaineering only brands!
They are great for mountaineering, but they will be too short in the body for snowboarding, and leave you tugging at them, feeling all unstylish
like...
Any good mountaineering jacket will have a special cut such that this exact thing does not happen. Most that have this feature will advertise the fact that they do. The issue is important for mountaineers: your jacket shouldn't pull out from under your harness when you reach above your head.

I agree that some mountaineering jackets are simply too short. The orange Mountain Hardware jacket from last season is an example.

All of my mountain shells have a generous cut. They don't ride up at all (Arcteryx, Marmot and Berghaus).

The Berghaus is not the quality of the Arcteryx but it is a way better jacket (even though the pit zips are crap)

If you plan on using crampons as FT has mentioned you will have to have a mountaineering pant

Your first time out wearing snowboard pants with crampons you will put a huge gash in them. No matter how careful you are you almost always brush those pointy ****ers up against your pants. After you snag once it's only a matter of time before that hole gets bigger and bigger

You have to put a NOT in there

Dan had big baggy snowboard pants. First time wearing crampons there was a **** THIS and a **** THAT. Next trip the little gash was bigger and by our last day at the end of June it was so big that he had to tuck his one pant leg into his ski boot as it had split right up to the knee. Was always flapping everywhere

that was funny cause he swears worse than a drunk salior out on the town. i remember when he first did that he said "ahhh f*****ccccc*}*}**k"

then he did it again and said it again. he was soon wearing my old ice climbing pants.

yo buy 2 jackets a gore tex mountaineering one - haglofs reccommended from this camp AND get your bagggy badass park one too \:D

the rip right off stylee (ooh la la) north face gore tex pants are good too!

FT you've got some nice tight pants, those black ones - which ones are they?!! remember the day you wore them back to front? lol

Kuma – second what FT said. My Arcteryx Theta SK pants are the single best bit of kit I own. They are designed to get the job done and I couldn’t recommend them more highly. If only other bits of gear performed so well. The high sides and back makes physical touring, scrambling and crashing much more comfortable than normal cut pants that you have to tuck everything into. The side legs zips are also fantastic. Get these pants, it’s a no brainer.

I ripped mine on crampon points but can repair them.

http://arcteryx.com/product.aspx?prod=3567

thanks spud. I've looked at arcteryx before but I couldn't easily compare all the features and couldn't figure out what sk or av or vr meant. if u suggest those then i know I can go with those (since you prob put the hours researching in!)

Good to hear! You will like them.

The side zips unzip the leg from the very bottom up to your waist. The zipper starts at the waist in its little waterproof garage housing and the further you zip down the leg, the bigger the opening becomes. I ride very often with both legs zipped open about 6 inches. But if you open them up more and crash, snow will get in. When I am hiking I have them unzipped down to my boots and the bloom wide open. In spring I sometimes convert them to shorts by unzipping all the way down (thus splitting the leg tube open) and then roll the remaining flap of trouser leg up and clip above my knees.

The high back reduces the amount of layering you need as the material is quite soft and dense.

I anticipate getting a total of 5-7 seasons out of mine, probably more if the gortex remains waterproof.

my pants are mountainhardware very water proof.

they zip on and off and are only look tight when layered.

ebc your pants are a bit on the baggy side.

i climb with my arse flap right open its comfortable. toque takes his pants right off ass long as he is not in crampons

lol no actually i really can't understand what you are saying sometimes..........

for example in the post above 'nicde' - is that like supposed to be 'nice' or is it some special ft abbreviation - a language we should all be fluent in? i can't believe you teach english LOL ;\)

one minute your talking about my steeeezy lol.gif north face pants, the next your saying something about keeping up????!!!!!! as the french would say.... 'ehhhh pardon?'

clearly the kyoto heat is making you type worse than usual eh hahahaha.....

man you love to try to get me going. this is a forum not a grammar school. i doesnt care abouts how me types here.

YOu cant keep up in ....the park, the pipe, the pow, the steeps, the bumps, the trees can we say "CRASH OOPs the happo trees are too tight".

Its soooo steep that you cant make it up the mountain. so steep! cry me a river.

Lets waiting for 10 minutes to see if youll jump off that avie gate, opps i just jumped off the little side.