What do you say when you're about to drop in to a steep line/big jump/halfpipe/boardercross track etc.

Me and my friends were saying 'bon voyage' before jumping off stuff last winter. Got it from last winter's mikey leblanc video burning bridges. It's too funny on the video when you can hear the radio going 'shhhhhh drop in shhhhh bon voyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage'

However I just saw the movie Showtime (deniro and eddie murphy) so I think next winter I'll be saying 'it's Showtime!'

What do you guys say???

I hit myself in the helmet with my pole grips to make sure it's sitting in the right place

So maybe a thunk thunk

I usually say

"alright. I'm going"

and there isn't exclamation marks there. I say it real casual

But I've also been known to say

"yah dude"

"Let's get this ****er over with"

"Let's get off this ****in mountain"

"(Insert partner's name here) I hate you"

"Why do I have to go first?"

and my personal favorite

"yaiyaiyaiyaiyaiyaiyaiyaiyaiyaia!!!!!!!!"

powwwers... do you WOOOO! to

1. gee yourself up,

2. to have fun, or,

3. to scare your competitors?

I bet its to have fun \:\)

As for me, I say 'ikimashyo!' or, if I am feeling like it is a moment requiring some seriousness, I repeat a little 'steeps technique' mantra. It is a bit over the top and totally very wanky, but I say (quietly) out loud to myself a mixture like: "lead over the nose, on the front foot, relaxed body, lead with the shoulder, bendy legs, body over the board, no jump-turns, win". I usually give myself a little silent technique lecture in my head just before I drop in. I enjoy taking it 'too seriously' at times.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheOrange:
I do a bit of a jump and say nothing. Got to concentrate.
Right on, me too, dont say anything, just get amongst it....life is like agarden you have to dig it.
punk.gif

hey deebs wave.gif you`re right- just for fun!!

the first time i encountered it though was by another competitor. as we aproached the first hit, he lit rip with somthin, scared tha be-jesus outta me.

when i do it now i find it relaxes me and takes me mind off tha race sos i can enjoy it.

don`t usually say anythin before i drop a line though but usually let out a yelp when i pull up.