i've always wanted to ski Utah. Brighten, Alta, Snowbird. YUM. i've been through a few times in the summer, but never hit it durring the winter. one of these days

Around SLC I really enjoyed Solitude. Even on the weekend there were no crowds and the final run of the day (after a 5 minute traverse) down to Alta (through the snowcat fields)

Alta and snowbird are also great.

I've only skied in the Americas (never Utah)so...

Crested Butte, J.hole, Telluride in that order.

Also love A Basin, but that's about as far from a resort as you can get. Also I'm sure if I went to Europe these would prolly change.

Quote:
Originally posted by JPchucky:
Also love A Basin, but that's about as far from a resort as you can get.
Nah mate its just up the road from Keystone, not that far at all!
harhar.gif

nice one! that make you, me and teledude (though he is MIA lately) as fans of the basin.
I still have my bumper sticker "A-basin ski it if you dare"

whistler has everything you could ever want in a "resort". bad ass in bounds, bad ass out of bounds but still lift access. And insanley sick backcountry accessible by other forms of transport like skidoo heli and feet.

The powder day - peak chair line up show is like nothing I have ever seen.

Biking and skiiing and golfing in the same day - all that stuff.

And it it has all that other off mountain stuff too if your into it. One thing it lacks though is character, but maybe I don't notice it cause I live here.

yeah, i would have loved to have seen/skied the pre Intrawest whistler. but the character thing gets to me everytime i visit.

the other thing that bothers me about whistler is all the wannabees. i know that there are A LOT of world class riders there, but also a lot of crazy fools just waiting to die. everytime i am there i see or here of somebody killing or nearly killing themself. (granted i have only been there a few times)

Whistler/Blackcomb is the best place I've been to. When I was there I used to chill out in the hotels communal hottub after each day and there'd be people from all over the world in the bath. General concensus was Whistler was the best anyone had been to. Whole package: terrain, lengthy runs, village and nightlife!