• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps bag was not the right word!

The D300 had what was probably a dirty focusing screen - not a totally clean image looking through the viewfinder (didn't affect the photos themselves), and there was a small shadow on the photos as well in a different place. Very small things, but they certainly annoyed me especially with a brand new expensive piece of kit. Nikon were good though - I sent it back and it came back to me as good as new so I forgave them.

good that they fixed it though without fuss.

My friend had to select through 3 lenses before he got a "no noticeable imperfection" 14-24. Good job they had that many in the shop.

14-24-D3R_5629-460.jpg

I have a few friends who over the years have had a few small issues with Nikon gear and while having the problem was not good they all said that Nikon took good care of them. Good to hear. No problems with my gear up until now.

it's not too heavy and it's great to have f2.8. really great range for a walk around lens. I know I won't be upgrading bodies to a full frame for a long time (if ever) so this is perfect.

$1200 new from the states and it resells for $1200 used here, so I'm covered if I want to sell it.