I gave 30,000 yen for it to a friend of a photographer friend of mine who basically said he just wasn't using it and was happier to just get some cash for it. It is hardly used, looks new, friend approved! Took the friend out for a meal as well so I suppose that is part of the cost ;\)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
 Originally Posted By: HotSnow
Do you guys take your SLRs out in the snow?

Yes. Will do this season.

Yes yes yes. Make sure you have a proper protected bag. Scroll back 300 messages for the photos of these bags.

Hot snow you don't need a special waterproof casing for the cam. Just a padded bag in case you bail.

re: what i said in the shopping list thread re non-snow pics in this thread

I just think we should post snow pics in this thread for showing different techniques/lenses/etc. Obviously since we have no snow right now it's ok to stray to non-snow shots but let's try to keep it technical.

In winter, there's also loads of threads for stoke so put your pics over there

and here's the bag again

Originally Posted By: thursday
I wouldn't bother with the case when your natural progression would be to get one of these for your accessories and lenses which you MUST buy to enjoy your camera to the fullest.

sequenceblack.jpg

this thread keeps appearing in the shopping list thread.

d300 has been announced. It will be available in nov i think (can't be bothered to check). Knowing Nikon there prob will be shortages at first.

I've got the d200 and it's perfect for what I do. I'd love the d300 for the fps but I would wait a year for the price to come down anyways. The annoying thing is that I'd have to buy a new grip for the d300

I am tempted to go a d200 when the 300 comes out cos the price should drop a bit. But I'm not convinced the camera will be significantly better than what I can already do with the D70. Admittedly I really haven't looked at any of the newer models like the d200. Any thoughts?

active D-lighting

CMOS instead of CCD

8 FPS

100 shot cache (Jpeg, not RAW)

12 mega pixels

D200 is perfectly adequate, but the D300 sounds very good. Think I will get my hands on one and sell my D200 even though I'll lose at least half the dosh I paid for it.

isn't active d-lighting just adding effects to your photo incamera? You should do that on a computer anyways.

cmos vs ccd.....can you really notice?

to get 8fps you need to buy the new battery grip and use aa batteries otherwise it's only 6.5pfs

100 shot cache....when are you going to take 100 shots in a row?

12mega pixels vs 10 is not noticeable

yes, the d300 is an improvement over the d200 but you've got to cut through the marketing crap to see if it's really for you.

BP why would you get a d200 over a d80?

Ken has this to say

"Nikon D80: Old news. Things change fast in 2007; it's not 1997 anymore.

My D80 is great, just that's not much better than my D40 and not much less expensive than a new D200. I prefer the ligher weight and better switches of my new D40, and I can get two D40s for the price of a D80.

The D80 didn't get worse; the new D40 got better for half the price and skunked the D80. That's the way technology works.

My D80 was hot when it came out, but for me it sits in the middle between my D200 and D40. If I want small and light I grab my D40. If I'm serious, the D200's meter makes all the difference."

Kuma,

that 100 cache is at normal, large using Extreme IV CF. I shoot fine large and that comes out at 3meg per shot. So that cuts it to 50 for me I guess.

If you're shooting RAW at fine large that's over 10meg per image. So that would cut the 100 by 3.

Just estimating.