• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a week already booked for the start of August clap.gif

I just bought my Thredbo club card. Anyone here buying one for the first time this season? put me down as your friend who introduced you, & I get an extra 3 points towards a free day... I'll buy you a beer if you do it \:\)

that's really cool of you! \:D

PM done.

now we need to co-ordinate the promised beer ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Team snow bee:

LPL pm me with what I need to do to put you as recommending it to me \:\)

Aussie Alps today - 30cm! & still 1 month until the official season start.

Dudes hiking up at Falls Creek, 7th of may

IMG_6539b.thumb.jpg

Dude skiing, Falls Creek, 8th of May

IMG_6579b.thumb.jpg

Thredbo wrapped in its winter blanket

al_full_00001.jpg

Yes, that picture is only a small part. Thredbo has a downhill skiable area of 480ha, 12 lifts and the longest run being 5.9km. The largest in Australia is Perisher Blue, with 1245ha and 50 lifts.

hey guys... i would be having my first kaigai (overseas) ski this august. would be going to NZ (queenstown), and would try the Remarkables, and Coronet Peak.

well, due to an early-bird discount offered by Air NZ, and by booking directly to operators in NZ (instead of going through Japan-based tour agencies) - i was able get a good rate of about 25,000 yen/day. this already includes lifts, shuttle buses, airport transfers, accomodations at a 3-star hotel, insurance, equipment rental, daily group lessons, and a couple of day tours (ie., river jet ride, bungy jumps, 4WD tours, etc.).

by comparison, JAL Tours are 29,000 yen/day, while JTB is at 33,000 yen; and these does not include insurance, lifts, rentals, etc.

what a great deal!?! *i think*

ill be staying in queenstown for 8 days - with 4 days skiing! and all for less than 300,000 yen...

wave.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by WantToSki:
hey guys... i would be having my first kaigai (overseas) ski this august. would be going to NZ (queenstown), and would try the Remarkables, and Coronet Peak.

well, due to an early-bird discount offered by Air NZ, and by booking directly to operators in NZ (instead of going through Japan-based tour agencies) - i was able get a good rate of about 25,000 yen/day. this already includes lifts, shuttle buses, airport transfers, accomodations at a 3-star hotel, insurance, equipment rental, daily group lessons, and a couple of day tours (ie., river jet ride, bungy jumps, 4WD tours, etc.).

by comparison, JAL Tours are 29,000 yen/day, while JTB is at 33,000 yen; and these does not include insurance, lifts, rentals, etc.

what a great deal!?! *i think*

ill be staying in queenstown for 8 days - with 4 days skiing! and all for less than 300,000 yen...

wave.gif
btw, what are the skill/level requirements for heli-skiing? ive just read about the beauty/wonders of powder skiing - and would just like to try it myself.

im currently an SAJ 3-Kyu (got it on April Fool's Day 2006); but took the 2-Kyu in Naeba a week back, albeit missing the passing score by 8 points!! *bummer*

im thinking about Mt Harris near Queenstown; and when i checked out the website of one operators - i think i may be suitable for either Heli1 or Heli2... its about NZ$500 for 2/3 runs...

thoughts anyone?