I foolishly left the inside pocket of my jacket open at newyear this year in hakuba. During my wallowing in the copiuos powder my cellphone took a dive never to be seen again til spring.

yesterday my mate lost his keys in the powder.

There must be some interesting shit turn up at the end of spring as all the snow disappears!

I once lost a small piece of cheese that I had been keeping to enjoy at the top for lunch.

I know someone who lost their passport (!) on the slopes. Luckily someone found it and handed it in - they got it back the next day.

In some resorts in Europe, comes spring people go hiking under the lifts and find all kinda of stuff: gold chains etc... I am always scared of loosing my keys on the slopes and anally triple check my pocket all the time...

The only thing I've lost is a bit of pride (not that I have too much of it anyway) when I was definitely totally crap at the beginning!

one ski in a small slide once. i spent an hour or so digging for it but i was long gone. which meant i had to walk out. that sucked more.

i have also lost a $150 pair of gloves and a $150 pair of goggles. i foolishly left them lying alone in a change facility once assuming that human beings did not have the potential to be theiving villians. but to my chagrin, i was quickly proven wronge.

Was that in Japan, daver?

I thought 'traditionally' the only thing that got stolen in Japan was umbrellas!

I've only ever lost a few coins and course maps. thats about it. I don't tend to take much with me.

I've never lost anything. Shouldn't say that I'll probably jinx myself.

Pretty disgusting story but I went hiking 2 years ago with a Canadian friend who decided she didn't want to put her plastic bag of used toilet paper etc (extra info you don't need: she had her period) in her backpack. She hung it to the outside of her pack only to discover towards the end of the day that it had fallen off somewhere along the busy trail.

I've just lost the usuals - goggles, gloves, watch, all through my own stupidity.

During the last days of spring I've seen people at Mt Buller (Australia) walk up slopes to scour for lost items under the lifts (cash, mobile phones, jewllery), cos most of the stuff is lost when you're on the chairlift. Hey, whatever floats your boat...

All my belongings are now tied to either me or something else (goggles tied to my helmet, gloves with straps that go on your arms etc), I haven't lost anything for a while now. Comes in handy when you have a big stack too - no yard sale.

was out boarding at manza one day and one of our crew was pulling camera out along the way taking snaps here and there. Finished up after a great day, we get down to the carpark and the guy taking the snaps (who was also the driver) said - fellas - haven`t got the keys.... thought it must have been a joke and pushed him a bit further, he kept it up till finally we realised he was serious... ended up calling a guy 200km away, went and had a scrub at the sento, had a few beers, waiting for the guy to turn up. 40 000 yen and a few beers later, the guy had cut us a new key for the rental car!!!

needless to say was a very expensive lesson to learn - and provided us with plenty of ammo for any subsequent trips!!

A couple of years ago I lost the memory card out of my camera while on the slopes. It had pretty much every single photo we'd taken on the trip on it so I was really bummed.

On the same trip my best friend (who lurks on this forum but is afraid to post :p ) lost a rather expensive diamond earring when she yanked her goggles off while on the chairlift. She has since learned not to wear bling on the slopes \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by daver:
one ski in a small slide once. i spent an hour or so digging for it but i was long gone. which meant i had to walk out. that sucked more.
I almost lost a ski in a slide on the weekend in Hakuba
Was lucky and it was just sitting on top of the debris. Getting down to it was not very fun.

[/qb]

I almost lost a ski in a slide on the weekend in Hakuba

Was lucky and it was just sitting on top of the debris. Getting down to it was not very fun. [/QB]

i bet not man. skiing debris is never fun. let alone with one ski. good to hear that you are safe though.

Lip balm. I invariably buy a new stick of lip balm at the beginning of the season, and by the New Year it has disappeared - usually out of the hip pocket on my B/C pack waistbelt after being used only once or twice.

AAA batteries for my MP3 player. They like going to wherever it is that my lip balm enjoys visiting.