• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

It was last Saturday, I got my ass kicked from the first round. :p

I only had the chance to ride the course 2 times early in the morning and then with five guys....

Still it was obvious that I need more practise to reach the level of the people that had entered.

I definetly enjoyed it though, and I will be going for a new board next season. \:D

So probably I will have to share my days half in pow and half on the cross course.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Till about 10:00 am the snow was good. Hard packed but I wouldn’t say ice-band. After that it was like surfing in sorbet. :p

I don’t have high expectations to begin with this time of year. After all I had my fare share of powder till now, so I don’t mind riding in spring conditions.

As far as for the cross-course, the staff kept it in good condition. Every once in a wile they would make a brake for the riders to rest and in the meanwhile the resort staff would enter the course and repair it. It was pretty well organised I mast say, with one small complain that the course was mostly jump oriented and only 2 side-banks for carving.

hard to tell. i wasn't expecting there to be a season by now, and after spending a month in 40degree weather the thought of going up to the mountain is a little frightening. but i have another week off so i suppose i will re-start the season. plus there is always gassan for the months of june and july.

Well, I think it is extremely easy to believe.

Basically, while there might be 2 or 3 meters of snow at places, the conditions are crap - or at least not fun for many people. How many cm of snow doesn't make any difference to me.

While I might go out a few more times, it's because I live right near places. It's different for people who have to are travel to get places and the whole thing is expensive. If I didn't live so close I wouldn't be spending my money on conditions we have now. No way.

I would not say the conditions are crap. Was in some good stuff Sunday. I've seen better but still very skiable.

People here seem to bitch if there is too much snow or not enough. Get out there it's still quite good in many places.

If you think the conditions are fine, then good for you. I'm not telling you to stop enjoying yourself.

I'm just saying that conditions are not good - and surely this can only be expected for April!

I'm not saying that because it's trendy.

I'm not saying that because it's controversial.

Or for any other reason other than the fact that it's what I see.

I went up to check the snow at Minami earlier. After the warmth of Saturday, it has been rained on (torrential at times) since yesterday afternoon. It didn't occur to me that I might want to put the board on and check it out coz it was crusty and/or mushy. It didn't look like fun.

If you enjoy that, fine. I don't. As I said I will probably go out a few more times (maybe more), but that's because for me it's near and it is very low cost. If I had to splash out on travel, stay, food, etc, I wouldn't be going again.

That's all. Is that ok with you? shifty.gif

It's the same every year.

Many of the general public want good peak season conditions when they take a ski trip. Once it gets to March, gets warmer and the sakura starts thoughts turn to other things for most people - so course why the numbers of people on the slopes start declining and by April its mostly the hardcore people out there.

Hell no, the season so ain't over.

Sure, the powder days are finished and there are rocks and dirt popping up everywhere, but we've still got another good month left.

It's all about the slush/sun/kickers/pipe now. This is my first season in Japan and I must admit that I was completely spoilt by the regular dumps of powder earlier on this season, but the snow now is still better than most of what I've ridden in Australia.

My season was over before it even begun. After a month and a half away in NZ over the summer, then coming back and no cash to do anything, and money tied up in the new house I got back in NZ..all adds up to no season for me \:\( very sad but I did spend a good month or so of surfing and Im gonna be heading into a NZ winter soon..."Always look on the bright side of life..do de do do do do do do do"

I think it's great that people are still saying there's tons in front of them and I look forward to hearing about it all \:\) (And feeling slightly envious).

I understand how many people have finished up though as well. Some of my Japanese friends are more interested in sakura and summer holiday planning now than going out onto the snow. For them, winter is over and with it snowsports. Not how I think, just telling you how people I know think, and I presume it is a fairly common way of thinking.

In my case it's not about money, in my case it is time. I've just moved job and will be moving where I live in a couple of weeks and so things are more than a bit hectic.

I'm just hoping my new job will let me use the internet during the day like at the old place. Good start so things are looking promising! ;\)

Mine is about to start: just arrived, just down the road from Hakuba, near Matsumoto, so hoping to squeeze in a few weekend days over the next month, especially after bringing my board instead of enough clothes!

Will be just cruising for fun though, as my legs won't be up to speed, despite (or because of?) all the skating. maybe a bit of slushy spring park action.

Anyway, see those still into it out there...