1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

I have no problems with my current gear.

I have a the Burton Ronin Jacket pants set from a few years back.

I have only ever owned Burton boards and have never had a problem.

The only burton related problem I have ever had was the toggle that does my laces up in my boots breaking. Thankfully I have a heap of spares.

so only good things from me!

same with me my burton Michii Albin pro model has been an excellent board- only qualm would be with the toaster gloves as another member has alluded to they are not what you would expect for the price- thought the nike of snowboarding was quite a good analogy !

well, I have had some bad experience with Burton's high end gear this season. But if I had to do it all over again, would i? I think yes, the vapor is such an amazing responsive board, and combo that up with C60, it is a killer setup. It sucks both broke on me, but maybe I ride them a bit too hard or something. I only worry bout it happening again, after the warranty is over.

I've had a burton canyon for 3 seasons now and it's by far the best board I've ever owned. Much better in pow than the custom. Never had a problem with it. I've had the same mission bindings for 5 seasons now and apart from a broken strap no probs. I'd buy burton boards and bindings again. I've never owned burton wear or gloves and I don't think I ever will as I think this is the area where they let themselves down in quality. I've seen my mates burton gloves go to crap in a season and the wear just looks and feels flimsy.

Mudguts, the canyon used to be a wide custom. but a couple of years ago they knocked it down a notch. I think the wide board of choice now is the baron.

I had the canyon for 2 years: a 162 and a 168 and I loved it/them!

Quote:
Perhaps if it compared well in my selection process
I'd always buy Burton - or any other make - if it fulfilled that one.

Is anyone on here 100% locked in on one brand?

how old is it? better yet, what graphics? I had the 68 with a plane on the base. the year before I had the green paint splashes.

I ended up hitting a tree and got away with a warranty at the end of the season, but not before I did the whistler summer season (all park) on the 68. I then got a 66 Frontier(Johan's board) which is truly the beast.

3 years old. Pure white deck with the half an eye ball design in the middle between the bindings and the one word burton/canyon, depending which way you look at it, logo. The Frontier 66 sounds like the goods. Unless I'm riding powder the 168 can be hard work on the thighs throwing it around on piste all day.

well the frontier is a very stiff board. It rips pow, goes hella fast, and if you're a strong rider it destroys the chop. I've really grown into it. However, now that I got a malolo (which kills it in pow) the frontier is regulated to big mountain possible pow days.

I've got a seven too but that board sucks. I need a cruiser board...next year I'll see if I can get a nitro suprateam or custom x at a good price

Have not had much problems with the three different BURTON boards I have owned. Neither have I had a problem with their bindings. My tri-lite AK gloves are finally starting to lose colour and the outside material but I have ridden over 150 days with them so I guess that is reasonable ... maybe not? If not, what other brands would people recommend for nice GORE-TEX gloves?

today I got to try out some of next year's boards.

burton:

157 vapor - aaaaaaaaaaamazing board. too bad it's so expensive. so light...yeah, yeah, you're prob thinking 'light is overrated' but it does make a difference. the edge to edge speed is instantaneous. just awesome but with that price tag I will never buy one

\:\(

156 custom x - light, great freeride board but it didn't jump out at me

156 custom - liked it better than the custom x

161 Fanatic ftc unique - great park board. lots of pop. good carving but not as good as the burtons I tried

161 Fanatic dazed & confused - others love this board but it didn't do it for me. I found it unresponsive

yesterday I tried a few more boards. we had powder so I stayed away from the small boards and only tried two. I also didn't want to waste time changing boards.

162 head intelligence - for over 10man yen I wasn't impressed. It does have a dampening system, the board feels the same no matter what you're riding. Now, if that's a good thing for you great but I didn't really like it. I like a lively, responsive board and this one was not it. It rode ok in pow and ok in chop. Didn't really find anything 'intelligent' about this board

160 Fanatic Royal Fish - this is an interesting board. it has the nose of the burton fish...and a swallowtail! It's also super light (not as light as the burton vapor though). Handles like a dream on groomers, and of course in pow its amazing. I got the most amazing sprays on backside slashes (I felt like I was surfing with the way the snow was flying). A great board, but I actually preferred my 166 frontier better for the pow conditions we had. Not so steep wide open runs. the frontier is longer and heavier and I was able to keep more speed up. Couldn't reproduce the sprays though \:\( didn't bring the malolo so couldn't compare. I think we might have more pow tomorrow so I will give you the malolo update then

well, even if noone is interested in this thread since 'all burton boards are crappy', I'll finish up with a review of how the 62 malolo performed today, just for my own conscience.

We had warm temps today and the snow was unbelievably sticky on the lower runs of the mountain. Luckily (for me) the resort that links up with gokurakuzaka (raicho valley) closed last week so it's been basically untouched. the weekend warriors noticed the lines we made and all went for the run that links back to gokurakuzaka. None really had the balls to go all the way down to the bottom since there's a 15min hike down the road. wait! this is becoming a resort review. ok anyways, I spied some steep untouched snow and hiked it. didn't have snowshoes so the first trip took me at least half an hour. got a sweet line of amazing snow.It was so much fun that I did it a couple more times. Finally the malolo review: it was incredible. Huge open carves were natural for the board just as much as high speed turns through the trees at the bottom. No problem at all with float but it wasn't deep pow. I have used it in deep pow and not suprisingly it was perfect there too. finally took it down the groomers and high speed carving is no problem either. Only thing I haven't done with it is test it on rails (as if!) and on kickers (prob not so good). basically if you want an awesome pow stick, my vote is for the malolo (plus since it's burton you can prob find it for a good price now that it's clearance time in the shops)