Some ski areas in Tohoku are going to close;

http://www.kahoku.co.jp/news/2006/03/20060316t13041.htm

Photo: Izumigatake ski jyo on Mar 7.

Izumigatake ski jyo is a smaller one, 45 min car ride from Sendai city, was closed on Mar 7, though it had a good start on Dec 7 with much snow. It had snow but less pile by strong wind in Jan & Feb. It has had around 10C degree days entering in March.

Miyagi Zao Eboshi ski jyo opened "all" tracks in Dec with cheers, but did not have big snow thereafter, then stopped the night skiing service after Mar 6 against expected Mar 19.

I have a season pass to Eboshi. It's been a terrible snow year. I think they maxed out in February with 120cm. They have 80 now (more like 60cm) and the average at this time of year is 240.

muikabochi - is there still more than usual there where you are or has all the early spring weather melted it down to usual levels?

Not kidding Gamera, this year sucked! I boarded last week on grass (although Zao Eboshi's web site said they had 80 cm).

I made it out 16 times big-will.(but hit a couple of other resorts to make the total over 25) but only two really good pow days.

My last hope to end a shitty season is Gassan. \:o

I'm still squeaking out the pow days! Had one last tuesday and another on sunday. Had awesome snow yesterday too (but I had to hike for it).

so no, winter isn't over for a long time for me (plus I have Tateyama looming over my house!

it was really nice powder in naeba last saturday night/sunday morning...!!!

actually, being a beginner myself, it was my first - it felt like flying through the clouds!!!

*hoping that there's more*

too much to ask for?