I would have used to say Snowboarding - because snowboarders always seemed to have more fun... But I never wanted to go back to a beginner. Then I got into Skiboards - and haven't looked back since. Now I've got three pairs from 90cm to 110cm. The 90s are great in the park but tend to chatter a lot at high-speed. The 110s I've not had much chance to play with - but so far they're pretty awesome and are very stable at speed, carve beautifully, and will float over anything if you ride the tails.

Forget snowblades - (for a start it's a Salomon brand name only) - and get some wider skiboards. If I was to start all over again - that's what I'd be on.

i would have liked to have started off skiing so i could turn to the dark side and know what i am not missing out on \:\) \:\) \:\)

do you know what the hardest part about learning to snowblade is?

Telling your parents you are gay..

No offense meant....to gay people by saying they snow blade

David

I'd rather be a snowboarder for the surf. I want to snowboard. But practically, from a BC perspective, long distance travel and multi day trips: I really wish I knew how to ski. Or telemark. So to start out on that gear is an advantage.

I met an accomplished ski mountaineer recently with randonee boots and bindings on those gold coloured Scream alpine skis. Each combined ski and binding was so light it was ridiculous. He loved the set up (for his own personal riding style, travel and ambitions on the snow). I could see his point.

Le Spud

Quote:
I really wish I knew how to ski. Or telemark
Anken

Steer clear of the Dark side. Start dropping the knee. Free your heal and your mind will follow. lol.gif

Obi Wan