Fattwins_16.jpg

FT did the drawing on the picture

Our route from the weekend

Yellow is up

Red is down

Blue was the line we wanted but turned around because the route was dangerous

We had 6 people on the trip

From SJ it was SockMonkey, Fattwins, Janus77 and myself. Extras were Chris and Matt from Australia.

The run turned out to be 1700 vert and we had many different types of snow.

3 hours up

Less than 2 out for 5.5 hours

A little excitment while sidestepping around a waterfall where if you slipped in you died

But all around a good time

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pic, toque. It was hard for me to visualize my location during the hike.

It was an awesome run, many thanks to you and FF for taking us out. and an extra thanks to FF for lending me gear again.

Looking forward to seeing all the pictures. I'll try to stitch up my panoramas today.

Janus skinning up the ridge

toque_146.jpg

A nice rest about half-way up. We had to think about the next steep icy section of ridge. Left to Right.

Chris, Myself (down jacket), FT looking like me, Matt, Sock Monkey and Janus

toque_142.jpg

Myself at the top of the 1st steep icy section

toque_148.jpg

Janus looks on in awe at the amazing North Alps

toque_147.jpg

Our high point

We had wanted to get into the saddle between on the rocky peak and this snowy one but boiler plate ice and dangerous exposure kept us from getting there.

toque_144.jpg

So we decended part of our up route getting some nice corn. FT screamin down this little south face

toque_149.jpg

Aussie Matt on the south face

toque_152.jpg

SockMonkey on the south face

toque_141.jpg

And then over to the north face where we found wind blown powder. SockMonkey gettin some

toque_140.jpg

The damage on the first pitch

Still a long ways to go

toque_153.jpg

Not too many chances in life to really **** yourself up. I've gotton myself into some bad places before but almost always the worst outcome would just be a severly damaged body. A slip here would have been death.

toque_155.jpg

Chillaxin at the bottom of the run. Had we skied our intended line we would have come down part of the valley in the back from lookers left

toque_139.jpg

toque_145.jpg

6 guys in there

I don't think so

toque_151.jpg

CB, i meant skis and trekkers. I busted my bindings when i was up the time before. I'll have my skis back on Wednesday.

btw, Toque, i got a bonus from work this morning that will cover the new Naxos. boot shopping is back on!

that pic of me is going on the cubicle wall for motivation, sweet!

Quote:
Originally posted by soubriquet:
thumbsup.gif

Sock Monkey looking pretty good, but the outside shoulder's coming around in the turn there, FT.
How many ski instructors does it take to screw in a light bulb?

1 to turn the bulb
and
4 to analyze his turns

Or something like that

gotcha SM, glad to hear that you got a bonus at least to cover some naxos and new boots. Id like some new boots as mine are at the honking point eek.gif Those boots have been used just over 180 days and smell it too \:o .....though they never started to stink till after I fell in the creek 2 years ago shifty.gif

Toque, I woulda said:

How many ski instructors does it take to screw in a light bulb?

1 to turn the bulb

and

4 to analyze the brightness of the bulb

toque_142.jpg

contrast adjusted one of your pics

you gotta fix up the contrast on your photos Toque, I guess at school you cant, if you want me to, then mail them to me I will adjust them and mail them back to you.

I wasnt worried about style that face was 8 turns long and I was milking it, setting up for a pole plant.

Man what a trip I had a great time and slept like a baby. Too bad fubuki backed out on the trip. cb you would have loved it up there so prefect and the crew was just clicking together, and having a ball.

If the weather is the same Toque I want to do something again next weekend. That is if I dont have to work.

Another thing the condition went from very safe on Saturday to extreme danger sunday. In 2 runs on Saturday I set off 8 slides 4 of which went 400 meters.

I looked them up and here is what I got

Q. How many skiers does it take to change a light bulb?

A. Ten, one to screw it in and the other 9 to stand around saying "Nice turn, nice turn, nice turn........."

Q. How many skiers does it take to change a light bulb?

A. One to do it and the others to criticise the turns!

but its ok I can take it, i thik he was joking .... i hope.

Im so glad Iv got good gear this year! I was dry as a bone and I only had my jacket on when I skied down or was chilling with the boys. Im loving soft shells and light gear.

Im gonna buy a video camera I miss it too much

Good gear is good to have

My good gear didn't keep me dry yesterday while standing around in the snow with Dan and Risa though

I'm for another tour

But I think we might have to wait to get into the steep stuff. Still not warm enough to soften that ice on north faces.

Maybe a tour up Norikura or if it's really clear some laps of Happo's south faces.