I am back from Rusutsu.

Thursday: sunny, warm untill 3pm, not good snow.

Friday: cloudy, sprinkling of snow and 10cm new snow by 4pm.

Saturday: sunny, pretty warm, about 20cm new snow from last night melted before 11am, beautiful view from the top of the Mt.Isola.

My Niseko trip in December was much better than this trip but I could find easy tree spots(very flat) top of the Mt.Isola and enjoyed offpiste skiing with my friend. She has gotten into skiing in the trees, too! clap.gif

The warm spell at the beginning of last week kind-of spoiled things a little this weekend in Southwest Hokkaido. When I was at Sapporo Kokusai and Kiroro on Thursday and Friday, there was some nice fresh stuff over the melted hardpack - another day of two on new snow would have fixed things, but that didn't happen.

Rusutsu on Saturday was sunny and warm, but conditions were still reasonably nice up high. If the expected snowfall arrives during the middle part of this week, then everything will be rejuvinated and conditions will be very nice for you this coming weekend! Pray/sacrifice for snow! If the snow doesn't come through, try going somewhere inland and away from the Nihon-kai coast. Kokusai and Kiroro are geographically close, but conditions were significantly better at Kokusai. Hopefully the rain on Sunday and Monday hasn't set things back too far.

Good luck!