well, i enticed the lovely ladies into the cave for the benefit of my 2 single mates (pictured) & being a married man, i took this photo then went snowboarding & left them to it... later, the lifties & i noticed steam coming from the cave entrance, i guess they were uhm... making some tea... ;\)

still sorting through those. so much editing - its the curse of digital photography...

did i tell you we got to ride the skiiers only area! thanks to a very friendly old liftie \:D it actually wasnt as good as it looked, but the pow down the edges on the racecourse was fun.

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY i have some pics online! been working like a dog since i got back from Japan, but it's all settled down now. This is a direct copy-paste from my report on ski.com.au. Videos to come later, & more photos.

Temple at Nozawa Onsen

IMG_8458_lo.jpg

One of the many fabulous old onsens

IMG_8498_lo.jpg

A dedicated trend-setter(that's my friend Mr Thunk LOLing in the background)

IMG_8542_cu.jpg

In case you get rost tlying to find the robby...

IMG_8580_lo.jpg

I saw a kamoshika! sweeeet \:D I was really stoked becuase I had been hoping to see one while in Nagano. Unfortunately she scarpered before I could get a clean photo.

IMG_8711_lo_kamoshika.jpg

Some frames from my videos. This first one is in the Yamabiko area (the peak) where the snow was always nice.

MVI_8798.jpg

Possum closely followed by Mr Thunk on the "Challenger Slopes"

MVI_8807.jpg

LPL carving up the (insert area here).

MVI_8962.jpg

Mr Thunk carving up the old lift-line track off the skyline.

MVI_8964.jpg

And Treehugger doing the same - I just love how you can see his last 3 turns hanging in the air... wakaranai.gif

IMG_8843_lo.jpg

Mr Thunk scores end-of-day freshies about 50m from the gondola base.

IMG_8875_lo.jpg

Treehugger is a huge studio Ghibli fan, thus the cheesy grin. Nozawa was full of really good snowmen - they haev some sort of competition. This sculpture of Totero was one of the best.

IMG_8949_lo.jpg

Mr Thunk is excited about our first tracks on the Yamabiko ridge cool.gif

IMG_8960_lo.jpg

Beware the piercing eyes on the eeeeeevil baby monkey!

IMG_9094_crop.jpg

Chillin monkey

IMG_9118_lo.jpg

Grandma OG & Wee Moose checking out the monkey onsen.

IMG_9079_lo.jpg

Ahh, Pigsy you stupid swine! Yup, this is Pigsy 2006, on Japanese TV with his own "rate my restaurant" type show. Bizarre.

IMG_9193_lo.jpg

Alan Rock narrowly escapes snapped limbs, after tumbling to a stop against the small trees at the top of this man-made cliff, Happo One.

IMG_9518_lo.jpg

Oh, & some more pics from the soggy Happo BC tour.

Treehugger's mirror gogs showing the top lift & the crew hanging out for it to open.

IMG_9372_lo.jpg

LPL & Treehugger ready for the snow-shoe shuffle.

IMG_9374_lo.jpg

At the end of the day - A well deserved onsen complete with floating sake tray - luxury!

IMG_9437_lo.jpg

Nice ones mate, you really bring out the fun in it. I always like your pics etc. Coupla comments:

1. That baby monkey is grotesque.

2. If you mate is going to buy an RS and pretend to be JJ then he should ride that friggin drop-off rather than throw his board to the bottom. Tell him he's a poof and that Jeremy is going to come around his place and take the board off him. ;\)

3. I can see your fart bubble surfacing to the left of the floating sake tray. You can also balance a beer bottle and glass on them, but it requires concentration which is actually a good distraction from the fact that you are getting shoulder to shoulder pissed whilst bare-arsed naked in a steamy spa bath with your 'mates'.

4. I was going to tease you about riding so much flat stuff but then remembered your impressive big pow carve to drop to pillow land in Hakkoda last season.

yeah it was tonnes of fun... my working life seems quite vanilla flavoured in comparison \:\(

LOL @ le spud!

2.what is "pretend to be JJ"?

3.fart bubble lol.gif

4.oi, what flat bits? watch your lip or i'll set the eeeevil monkey onto you! ;\)

O11, you sound jealous man!

not that it was much to be jealous of - our Happo BC tour was actually quite gruelling... a big hike, blizzard at the top, stong winds, variable snow (chalky powder for 1 short section was as good as it got), elephant snot & rain at the bottom, soaked to the skin... plus dropping 15000+ yen for the privelage ... yeah i reckon we deserved that onsen :p

LOL yeah fair cop, im not even sure where that was.. will have to check the video... but i'm sure the bit just above there was almost vertical... ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:

I told you I wouldn't tease you about it. You ripped last season.

But this terrain is almost up hill \:\)

> O11, you sound jealous man!

Yes, of course I am! That's my bit of Nozawa you're riding all over there, flat though it may be. It's just a pity it costs the earth to get there from here.