• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kagura only wins in the convenient department for Tokyo folks, yeah? Still it's the best of the bunch in the Yuzawa area (or so I read). Too many places that I want to go (again) this season including Happo, Suginohara, and Arai. Happo would have the best condition out of the three now yeah?

Happo vs Kagura ain't a contest! They're not comparable terrain wise. Kagura has one run in regards to steepness and length that would maybe compare to Happos 20! Snow quality is probably similar.

This one goes around too. Time to stick up for kagura.

Happo snow sucks big time compared with Kagura. Powder at kagura is (sometimes) comparable with Hokkaido whereas Happo's is always wet. I agree with Happo's quantity of on-piste terrain but the amount of people at happo makes this a pain in the ass. Weekends are ALWAYS busy at happo and I prefer going to other resorts in Hakuba if you want on-piste. Off-piste at kagura is so easily accessable and with quality of snow it wins hands down against most of the Happo off-piste. Happo does have more of the very steep stuff though.

Not really bothered because with most of the Hakuba-philes here at Hakuba it means more fresh stuff in kick arse kagura.

Finally Kagura has a longer season that happo (I mean Happo and NOT the high-alpine!)

Bring it on happo!

Hi,

I don't normally post on forums but have to jump in here to defend the big K.

4 times to Happo and never had a good day - although that Virgin cafe place is nice.

Kagura is within day trip distance from Tokyo (a big plus) and if you're keen and don't mind ducking ropes you can spend the whole riding lifts and trees and not much else without any agro from the patrol.

Quote:
Originally posted by uggggllllyyyy:
Happo snow sucks big time compared with Kagura. Powder at kagura is (sometimes) comparable with Hokkaido whereas Happo's is always wet.Bring it on happo!
are you smoking crack? ...always wet? come on now, hyperbolating a little arent we?

Rag Doll - 4 days and 4 bad? that does suck, you must be an unlucky person.

kagura wins...8 seasons there..better than niseko ( totally over-rated..been there many times so i do know what i am talking about ). happo is probably the worst place in hakuba for boarders..if u are a skiier then maybe its better than kagura but if u like accessible tree runs and bc, a 7 month season, relaxed ski patrol then no kontest..KAGURA!!!!

Happo has very relaxed patrol - it is 47, Goryu, Tsugaike, Cortina with uptight patrols. Happo patrol are very relaxed.

The worst place for boarders? really I guess many of the secrets are still secrets, that is a good thing.

Sometimes you cant see the forest for the trees.

Actually come to think of it, yeah happo sucks stay away, lets all Kagura! its the place to be, dont go to Happo its garbage!.

It depends on the definition of 1 week after the storm. If it was snowing heavily on Sun-Mon, then most probably you can find some fresh tracks for the rest of the week. Weekend usually is the end of everything in kagura area, so no more freshies after that unless it was snowing during the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to both this season and I much preferred Happo - the snow was better (though I realise that is timing), the layout and choice of courses and the look of the place.

I'm not into BC yet so I don't know about all that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...