Talking about crashes and wipeouts, when you have one does time seem to go real slow? I was talking to a friend about this just yesterday (he wiped out lol.gif ) and we both thought the same. Time slows, you have that chance to think about 'what am I gonna break' lol.gif Scary times.

The worst I had I think must have been the time I ended up sliding (in a not very comfortable fashion) about 100 metres down a slope. I was lucky not to break anything I can tell you.

I over shot a landing on a jump I hadn't checked out by about 3meters this year, I had time to think to myself "this is really going to hurt" I then spent about five minutes rolling around on my back totally winded.

I think when you are boarding you tend to rely largely on muscle memory, instict ect.. so you havent really got that much going through your head, so when you stack it or your aware your about to stack it alot more thoughts start bouncing around the old noggin in a short amount of time, making it seem a bit like things are slowing down.

Normally, in my case, these thoughts are limited to a select group of four letter words.

Bonio,

I know what you mean. I haven't been winded in about 20 years, but got it severly last week.

One had 2 crashes so far that have hurt.

1. Dug an edge in and went a$$ over tit and landed on my tailpipe. Right after the Jan rain and the snow was rock hard.

2. Got severely winded when I didn't see a small ledge and did a face plant.

Silly thing was, both were on the beginners slopes.