the resort dont make you pay, the cops do! having lived in Summit County Colorado I know they do, if you get caught patrol call the cops who are waiting for you at the bottom of the mountain.

If you get caught with someone elses season pass you get arrested, I have seen people being carted away by the cops.

Lift operators who scanned tickets got $50 for dobbing in anyone who was using a borrowed pass, wait for the person to get on the lift/gondola, call patrol who waited at the top and busted.

$50 incentive to a poor lifty meant no one was your friend and it was suicide to borrow a pass.

Also if something was roped off there was pretty good reason why it was roped off, most of the trees were open and safe chutes etc so there was no reason to duck a rope.

It not like Japan at all where virtually all the trees are out of bounds.

Most people respected the judgementof patrol too and knoew it must be pretty sketchy if it was roped.

yeah I lived in Avon just a bit down the road from Summit and saw people get arressted, fired and have to leave the country as they no longer worked for the company that issued there Visa Just for lending a mate his pass. I worked In ticketing and felt like a prick when we had to do it. Saw a 20 something kid start bawling once though....it was sad but kinda funny.

David