Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
Akakura is very big but a bit featureless. Great onsens though! The outof bounds is great but you need a local

I'm going tomorrow for the weekend. When were you thinking of going?
Hey Kumapix, I am thinking of a trip to Akakura this season but never been. Any chance of writing a review/report of this w.e. when you get back. Would luv some piccies. Especially interested in tree areas/ ungroomed slopes etc. Sorry I know this sounds crap but any info would be great.

I've been to Akakura many times but not this year yet. Most of the pros from my shop spend their season there.

There was a good park at Kumado 2 years ago but I heard that they've had some troubles. I'm not sure how it is this year.

It's a very wide resort - it'll take you over an hour prob to get from one side to the other using the various lifts.

As for the trees/ob areas theres lots to be had, but as it does avalanche you should have avy gear and a local with you. If you were there this weekend I could show you some spots if your skill level is high enough...but I can't give away any secret spots on a public forum. sorry i can't be more helpful

I really don't know why you would tell a porky. Perhaps because it sounds like an interesting & controversial subject.

I'm almost certain that there will be another side to this story that is different to yours.

Quote:
Watch out for patrol at Tangram though. They are a##holes.
I don't know the story but sometimes I (and my colleagues) feel that we start off with some people that attitude and whatever do it will critisize.

I would like to know more about it.

oh yeah, ob runs are fun but are really dangerous right now. There are so many cracks.

We hiked MaeYama but the snow was crap. It takes just over an hour. I recommend snowshoes but I made it up just with poles. Again, go with knowledgeable locals and use avy gear.