Besides the 1-2 anual trips to Nagano, i skip school and run over to Biwako (when ever i can!^_^)if the weather is bright and sunny with minimal wind.... I usually manage 6-10 trips there in season... I know the snow and runs there are kinda bad, but its close, cheap, and the facilities and staff are great...

Wondering if there are any regulars here as well? confused.gif

Pricy if you go by car i guess. Not so if you go with the 1 day bus plan (6000/7000yen, bus+gondola+lifts). and its only an hour a half from Osaka. So i ride more on the slopes then on the bus. Just dont go on a weekend. Packed as hell...

Yup, they do... pretty nice too, a park run... they have like 2 jumps, a rail and 3 boxes i think... various difficulties... Only opens when the weather is good though...

Try Hachi Kita in Hyogo. I'm pretty sure you can get train deals up there with JR and it's a good resort. Weekends are no worries either and it's well worth a go even if the trip up takes longer. I went to Biwako once many years ago...close sure but I wouldn't bother nowadays.

Hachi/hachikita IS a much better deal, but if I remember right there is no good public transport from osaka. Hence the horrors of nightbussing for a one day trip, and because its close the one I caught just parked on the side of the road for 3 hours to kill time - just somewhere in the dark, not even at a "intaachenji".

Had a good day at Biwako once a few years back I must confess... Quickly over it though and only went back a few times to teach people because of the easy access from osaka - adequate for first-timers.

That sounds pretty bad-I thought there was a JR train/bus link up there which isn't an overnighter. The overnighter bus option to Gifu-Daynaland/Takasu is a better pick by far then. That one leaves pretty late at night and gets you back to Osaka at 9:00 the next night.