Hi guys,

i have been reading these forums for a couple of weeks now. it's great to have such high quality content!!

now i'm heading to niseko in a few weeks, it will be my first time in japan. I currently have Rossignol B2s, but i am considering getting the K2 Missdemeanors. I was just wondering, does anyone know what the comparable cost of buying those type of skis is going to be in Japan compared to Australia? Preferably i would get them once i'm there due to baggage weight restrictions etc, also, are there many ski shops around? i don't really know anyone who's even been there who can help, so any ideas would be greatly received and appreciated.

There are a few really good ski shops around Niseko. One is Niseko 343 just across from the Seico mart in Niseko. Have hardcore skis. Another is ....... whats that name out in Kutchan???? I bought a pair of K2 enemys with marker din 14 bindings for 30,000 yen. Really cheap.

For the Japanese its getting late in the season so some things might be getting cheaper.

Enjoy the pow!

wow enemies for just over 300 bucks. that's amazing!!! Are most of the similarly cheap? is there much of a range? Or opportunities to demo skis? because whilst I am fairly sure what i want, i'm always open to changing my mind (as is a woman's prerogative!!!)

the rental places around Niseko have really nice skis and crap skis, so you can pay for what you want. The hotel I use to work at carried AK launchers and Rossi B3s a few years ago. Probaly hasnt changed too much since then. The rental companies have much more to offer and there are often demo events set up..just depends on your timing.