Looks like a tubing thing that you drag behind a boat.

Well, you can always try a surfboard. Just break off the fins. I'm surprised someone hasn't created a wind snowboard. Being able to snowboard using the power of wind. Allowing you to take that flat area called Niseko.

Maybe get enough wind to ride uphill. Course they have those parachute things.

Quote:
Originally posted by krotch:
I'm surprised someone hasn't created a wind snowboard. Being able to snowboard using the power of wind. Allowing you to take that flat area called Niseko.
If you've ever watched Ski Patrol the movie the crazy snowboarder does that on skis

Saw some people at a few resorts kite skiing. Some of those kites are freaking huuuuuge and I dont think they should be allowed to run at resorts. What would happen if they got tangled up in the lifts? There'd be a huge freakin mess thats for sure.

Also some people riding sleds down mountians too. They were allowed to take em up to the top of the runs and ride em down. Nuts.

What I really hate are parents who go skiing holding small babies/kids in their arms while they go down the mountain. Gave one father a mouthful on Sunday after my last run mad.gif :rolleyes: mad.gif

That just shouldnt be allowed, period. Dumb ******* people I tell ya.

Why hasn't there been a major accident involving a baby being held by a skiing parent yet? That should definitely make eye catching news. It should be coming soon, along with warnings and eventual bans on that activity.

Have to agree with you there CB ... What is with those parents who ski with their kids on their backs/front/in their arms/on their head or wherever. It is sooooooooooo dangerous and I cannot imagine what kind of fuss there would be if one of these idiots ran into someone or something and had a real accident.

I know it's getting off topic, but it is the same mentality of J-drivers with kids in cars. I can only compare to Aus, but

a) it is illegal to drive with a kid not strapped in (no matter how old)

B) other drivers would go off on any irresponsible parent who let the kid stand up, jump around or be held by a passenger.

Just makes no sense. Not strapped in = bullet throught the windscreen in an accident!

> Anyone ever seen one?

They were doing that in Niigata somewhere on lunchtime TV. There was a little kicker to go off, and people were flying all over the shop, barely landing on the 'ride'. It looked like an excellent way to break all your ribs in one go, for very little return in the way of stylish descent down a snowy slope. (With my tackle that would put an izakaya tanuki to shame, I'd want it all wound up in a cushioned steel codpiece too.)

BP remember here there is no need for seatbelts in the rear and as lame as that seems people wont really do anything till the law is changed and the police actually start handing out fines for it.

Krotch, sometimes parents like to involve their kids in their activities. Sure some of the things I have seen on the snow with babies are down right dangerous and those people need their heads read, but there are safer options.

The most worrying being the idiot that crashes into you, but that can happen in a car too so why not

"lets keeping children locked up in cotton wool?"

Indosnm, I realise that the law doesn't force people to do it here, and that is just ridiculous. But surely common sense should tell parents that in a crash their kids are gonna become human cannonballs. Anyway, let's not drag this off topic.

Maybe slower driving speeds in Japan due to narrower, windier streets, when compared to Australia or North America, means that parent groups sense of danger hasn't yet reached a critical mass level necessary to change habits and laws.

Quote:

Krotch, sometimes parents like to involve their kids in their activities. Sure some of the things I have seen on the snow with babies are down right dangerous and those people need their heads read, but there are safer options.
The most worrying being the idiot that crashes into you, but that can happen in a car too so why not
"lets keeping children locked up in cotton wool?" [/QB]
I don't care who you are, there is never a need to take your 1 - 3 year old child with you while you snowboard or ski.

Take them on the trip with you, sure. Strap them onto your back, no. If you disagree with me, please tell me why. Involvement in activities? Like a 1 - 3 year old could do anything out there. There's a reason why they don't make snowboards or skis for babies. Cause they'd be worthless. The baby won't care whether it's in a supermarket or on the slopes, it's not going to know the difference.

i started skiing at age 3, younger than that leave the kid in daycare or find a babysitter.

strapping a kid to your back or front while skiing/riding is irresponsible IMO

--

kite skiing/boarding is for flats with high winds. like frozen lakes and such. kites in resorts sounds plain dumb to me

--

sliding on crazy carpets, tubes, sleds, and whatnot is great fun and combined with beer makes for much hilarity.