52 year Old Male Skier Beats 16 Yr Old Female Boarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
If a girl ran into my daughter id punch the crap out of her too. there is more to this story like the snowboarder was going very fast and not only hit the daughter but most likely creamed her, in the slow zone area.
Erm, is that info from another source or just an assumption. Not trying to provoke but just trying to get the full info.

An assumption of course, but to every story there are more angles. Read into the story and you have a little girl on the ground crying a a father that saw everything first hand. altough I dont believe it is right to do it, I could see why he would get upset.

Its bad reporting to take only one side of the story.

I agree that some kids on boards (and skis) do go too fast in slow areas but the story in this case appears to just report the facts without actual opinion. Also the presence of the witnesses who corroborate the girls' story seems to imply that the bloke over reacted (to say the least) to what could have been a normal accidental coming together of two people on the slopes.

Whatever actually happened to cause the accident, the guy started HITTING a 16 y/o girl!!!!!...... If you tried that where i grew up then you would probably have to move!. ....Come on, a 16 y/o girl!.

The guy does sound like a ****, and he was charged by the cops, so it most likely did happen pretty much as described. But ugglly, most articles have some bias or opinion, even if they seem to be stating only the facts. Who were the witnesses that corroborated the story? Probably neutral bystanders, but could they have been friends of the girl or other boarders who wanted to back a fellow boarder cos they thought he just went overboard regardless of how hard the little girl was creamed (pretty much your view by the last line in your post)? I think you are right, and he is a tosser, but FT could be right that there is more to the story than we have been presented with.

My friend (boarder) did a 180 over a roll in whistler at full speed and ploughed into a girl(boarder) sitting. She was sitting with her boyfriend in the middle of the cattrack and nobody could see them from above the roll. My friend couldn't avoid them. He tried to stop and crashed into the girl. The boyfriend jumped on him immediately and started punching him. I pulled the bf off and told him to go look after his girl and see if she was alright. She had a broken leg. My friend was going too fast and aired a blind roll, the girl was sitting in a blind spot in an area of high traffic. She nearly got hit a couple more times from other people flying down. Just a bad situation all round. but as patrol decided it was bad judgement all around no charges were pressed.

I can understand the feeling as my wife got taken out this christmas at whistler by an idiot japanese skier. He wasn't looking around and jumped onto the course sideways into traffic. I was ready to verbally abuse him (not quite to pound him) but I was checking on my wife and the guy took off.

Sometimes it's just an accident and other times it's somebody doing something stupid. I would have punched out the guy who injured FT too.

My point being is that through a fathers eyes ie a protector of a child could you and would you restrain yourself? there are cases where I could/would/might loose it. To be sent into a blind rage I gather that the accident was worse or looked worse than reported. you could in a sense also say that the boarder should also be charged with assult on a minor, no?

Fair enough Bushpig, I agree with what you say about the author and witnesses. I guess we just dont know how they were involved, if at all.

Whatever the reasons, a fully grown man repeatedly punched a 16 y/o girl!!! AND in the head.

Surely no-one can possibly condone or even vaguely sympathise with that!

No, thats just wrong ugly. I have never hit a woman but have come damn close to it though. Instead the guy shoulda been more creative and sliced her with his ski edge, thrown her off a cliff, or shoved his pole up her @ss. Any of those coulda been accidents too right? ;\)

Glad the guy had charges pressed against him.

Dont know what I woulda done in that situation. If somebody was being reckless and hit me on the mountain, Id probably F'em up. If it was an accident, well accidents happen.

Thats right, maybe I should carry some battery acid in a drinks bottle to squirt at people who get too close. :p

Seriously tho' and i assume this has happened to most skiers/boarders. I have had a few incidents where I crashed into someone/people and vice versa. This especially happened when I was learning to ski and board. The first thing that occurred to me was to check that everyone was alright and NOT to determine wether they were being reckless AND certainly not to start punching people in the head repeatedly.

Since people seem to assuming things, I wouldn't mind betting that the guy has a temper! and probably a rep for being aggressive.

Not to sound like a broken record or anything but he punched a 16 y/o girl in the head. C'MON!

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:

No, thats just wrong ugly. I have never hit a woman but have come damn close to it though. Instead the guy shoulda been more creative and sliced her with his ski edge, thrown her off a cliff, or shoved his pole up her @ss. Any of those coulda been accidents too right? ;\)

Glad the guy had charges pressed against him.

Dont know what I woulda done in that situation. If somebody was being reckless and hit me on the mountain, Id probably F'em up. If it was an accident, well accidents happen.

How many 16 year old girls do you know that actually look 16? I dont know any heck have the girls I stare at in Japan must be illegal. I think the guy will get off in court, due to 3 facts.

1 the snowboarder started it

2 she wasnt hurt

3 a father beening protective under stress

I think the below exchange really takes the cake. Fattwins, you really have great rational and analytical decision making skills. I am not commenting on who is wrong or right (father or 16 year old girl). I am commenting on your sequence of 'thoughts'. Scary.

"there is more to this story like the snowboarder was going very fast and not only hit the daughter but most likely creamed her, in the slow zone area. "

"Erm, is that info from another source or just an assumption"

"An assumption of course, but to every story there are more angles. Read into the story and you have a little girl on the ground crying a a father that saw everything first hand..... Its bad reporting to take only one side of the story"

"I think the guy will get off in court, due to 3 facts.

1 the snowboarder started it...."

Regarding the above, all I can say is, come on dude...........?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What im trying to say more than anything else is that this is a one side reported story. if you take a statement from one source and make a judgement then you are guessing just as much as i am.

Think about it why would a dad flip out?

the snowboarder is obviously ok, no bruise, not cuts, nothing at all (the story has obviously been overdramitised and if she was hurt they would have said), Americans are just too quick to press charges or sue (one of the many great reasons for being in Japan), I agree the guy shouldn't have done it, and is is a complete looser but come on, can't we just kiss and make up, I can't believe something so small is causing such discusssion and also made TV news! everyone is ok