• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Fattwins. I suggest if you haven't been there you have no right to judge what Niseko is like. I assume its jealousy that you see people go to Niseko having fun skiing in lighter drier snow
Been there done that. There are many places in the world that claim the best and lightest powder, ive seen my share.

Considering that I banter on with beaver about this and it was targeted to get a response from people like me, dont take too much of a cheap shot and get personal.

Anyone can make an informed decision and not go and in this case I know enough not to go. My good mate lived there and skied the hardest stuff there. Last year I made him crap himself in Nagano.... My best ski mates have gone and they have told me that I wont like it because its too flat, in fact they wont go back there for that reason... Friends that live in Niseko own snowmobiles, why? Cause they think its too flat without more access. I think I can safely say that I dont want or need to ski flat Ville.

I havent bounced on skis since the 90s cause you dont need too. If you bounce its to flat this vid is full of bouncing circa 2006 ouch thats flat

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/spotlight/powdertv-monday.htm

Meet the Parents.

Ive just been saying for over a year that the entire Niseko debate has been going around in circles for a long time. Everybody knows its a great resort and has epic powder. The topic keeps going around in circles. Hence my above comment of another circle....leading into the circle of trust from MTP.

I think some peeps have been puffing the magic dragon if they think Niseko is steep lol.gif \:D

> I assume its jealousy that you see people go to Niseko having fun skiing in lighter drier snow

That's funny. Like Fattwins I often lash out on forums when I feel jealous about something. Those bastards up in Niseko having more fun than me!

Some more pics, going well this trip and should be puking for next 4 days.

Me, back in the white room:

biglines_51769.jpg

And again:

biglines_51770.jpg

Mike Dechell, finally out from behind the lens:

biglines_51771.jpg

Ev, first day out on the snow after a week of drinking with the locals:

biglines_51772.jpg

Matt, last day, enjoy the sunshine back in Sydney champ!

biglines_51773.jpg

It's still puking more pics tomorrow night

Another day, another foot of fresh, during the day it was snowing at over 15 cm per hour - amazing day today. More snow forecast for tomorrow too.

Ski Beaver

biglines_51853.jpg

And again:

biglines_51854.jpg

Ev, coming in hot.

biglines_51850.jpg

Two mates went down yesterday, one ruptured medial ligament (drinking accident) and the other possible fractured wrist (skiing accident).

Regardless of the debate going on this thread about Niseko which I will avoid joining, the pictures are fantastic! Are you dudes pro photographers or something? Always great to see people enjoying themselves in deep pow!

I recognise that place! The chalet! Great pics Brad and Beaver and bring back fantastic memories. How long was the exposure on the shot of the chalet? Wish I was there now instead of stuck at home in Tokes.