>I just love this place. And unlike most of the winter punters I get to see it during the quiet times like in mid October when the whole region is ablaze with autumnal colour. And I get to see most of the festivals through the rest of the year and take part in the local culture.

Yep we have a few crazy months over winter but the rest of the year it's just another perfect little corner of rural Japan.

Nice GN, refreshing to see a good attitude like that. Sure you will have a nice time up there. Ill make it up at some point - I do wanna have some of that magical niseko powder again and see my old coworkers too.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by number9:
 Quote:
I did however notice quite a few older male tour groups - it reminded me of the end of season footy trip.... those guys sucks no matter where they are from - please dont generalise and paint all Aussies with the same brush...
So, it's ok to generalize about older males :p
That was an observation of the older male tour groups I saw.

A generalisation would be "older male tour groups suck"

ive just come back from 4 days at Niseko. some of the best boarding ive had. didnt find it too flat. some great tree runs. unfortunately 1 downside was fresh tracks were hard to find.

Its no exageration about the Ozzies there, but i had no problems aside from the few checking out my girlfriend, but hey i was checking out most of the chicks there too! ironically i was kept up 1 night by raucous japanese dudes. Infact, i found it quite refreshing to have a smile and a chat on the gondolas and in the onsens.

The snow quality was obviously mint, and in a hotel brochure i recieved it said each snow flake contains 7% water. what im wondering is, how does the snow quality rate on a world scale. someone told me it was 2nd only to Alaska. Anyone got any facts or personal opinions? only other country ive boarded in is NZ, and the snow dosent even compare. question.gif question.gif

Fatties is being managed by a bloody Kiwi these days! :p He's name is Nick and he's a great guy. I actually bought my car off him.

Hachi and Chie are usually behind the bar and I will be there tonight taking advantage of the nomi hodai deal for staff in the village. Just hope I remember getting home this time \:D

Describing something ..."I didn't find it too flat" ..... doesn't work very well.

It would be like your mate saying "c'mon guys, she wasn't that fat"

Whish means, he shagged a porker and knows it.

Hey, I have a new Niseko slogan!!!

Niseko. Like shagging a fat chick, only flatter

you dont think the snow is good at niseko Oceans 11?

im just a mere intermediate snowboarder, but even on the groomed slopes the snow was far nicer to ride than anywhere else ive been in niigata or nagano.

if all fat chicks are as good a ride as niseko, i will have to start altering my standards. confused.gif

I've never been to Niseko, but I'm sure the snow is lovely. But I actually don't like really fly away powder, preferring something that doesn't fly up in my face, and that only has my tracks on it.

I'm just amused by the packaging of Nissikoe, that's all. Don't mind me.

I'm a fairly fat chick (honestly) - been lurking a while and thinking of a handle and this seemed as good as any.

I like Niseko as well as other areas, was there at the beginning of January. Prefer the choice in Nagano though.

Quote:
Originally posted by fatchick:
I'm a fairly fat chick (honestly) - been lurking a while and thinking of a handle and this seemed as good as any.
oh dear, what have I done.

um...

I like Hakuba as well. shifty.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by rigor mortis:
ive just come back from 4 days at Niseko. some of the best boarding ive had. didnt find it too flat. some great tree runs.
That an intermediate snowboarder tells us he didn't find it too flat