• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So ocean you get with the name-calling again! I’m a moron, ignoramus, peckerwood and a bed wetter? I love, how you insult people all the time on the net. Id love for you to come down, and call me those names while I’m standing in front of you. The big man on the net with nothing positive to ever say. You get away with bloody murder on these forums tossing out your crap and name-calling. So come on ocean, throw some more of your crap this way! Remember to do it to my face if you ever swing by this way.

The type 2 person described in this thread is not even complaining about Niseko. Long-term residents of Niseko, are mostly business owners that want the revenue. That is why it is BS. It sounds to me a lot like what some Japanese racist would say. The comment about not being able to get a real job, is very offensive! Why someone chooses to do the work they do, is their business. Most long-term residents that I’ve met don’t fit that bill. Yes there will always be people who want to stand out, you get that back home as well for whatever reason. So if a not so popular guy or girl in America per say, you then come here and become somewhat popular, why should we care? That’s like High School stuff "oh he's only popular cause he looks different". “He’s only popular cause he can drive a car”. We are out of High School so its childish to think about popularity that way.

So it might not be racist but it is a very biased way of looking at things.

Thus the type 2 person comment about people complaining about niseko is irrelevant.

racist ... childish ... nothing positive to ever say

Pot calling the kekkle dirty arse really. At least I don't PM you to call you an idiot and tell you to stop posting things that you don't agree with like you do me.

As for Type 2 people complaining about Niseko, I expect they've probably decamped and gone somewhere else.

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif What's a "peckerwood"

BP –

“Most of the people posting on here who may be complaining about the situation are likely to fit Type 2. Therefore, you ARE, in fact, saying that we all fit that group in the sense that they are lving here (short, mid or long term).”

That’s a bit of a stretch don’t you think? I don’t think I was saying that living in Japan per se makes anyone, least of all the westerners, a Type 2 person. Disliking drunken yobbos doesn’t make a person one either. But I reckon you should line up for your hello kitty key ring and Otaku badge if you’re a westerner and you dislike or are avoiding a ski resort because of its relative popularity with westerners. Do these same people forego skiing in a particular resort in the US or Europe for the same reason? Why is it a problem here?

As to my qualifications to sink the boot into a particular demographic? - I’ve spent close to a total of 5 years since the start of ’97 living full time in Japan - ’97 as a student in Nagoya and the end of ’01 to the end ‘05 working in Tokyo. Before ’97 my experience was limited to holidays and visits with family friends. I didn’t get the rock star experience, I don’t know why, perhaps it’s my abrasive personality. The only thing I got from being the only whitey in the room was self conscious. I don’t get it in HK though for some reason. I really dig Japan and Japanese people. If it wasn’t for my wife, who doesn’t speak Japanese and once claimed she would never live in Tokyo (and then cried when we left), I’d probably be living in the inaka somewhere avoiding eye contact with the dangerous and unpredictable gaijin who frequent the place in the winter.

It's not a stretch at all Ragdoll. You said that most of the complaints about Niseko came from these two Types of people. Since those of us on here are mostly not Type 1, then the fact that we are complaining (according to your reasoning) makes us Type 2 folks. I think this is more of a stretch than what I said.

Oh, and where can I get my hello kitty badge?? I'll try to get my otaku arse down to wherever they have them :rolleyes: Um yeah, if I have the choice of a place with relatively more loud drunken people and one with a lot less, then that makes me an otaku for choosing the quieter one. Great logic there clap.gif Seems to me you just like to fling stereotypes about and apply them to anyone who disagrees with you. Belittling people doesn't make you right mate.

When someone calls me names Ocean ill send them a pm if i feel like it. How about this come we meet halfway in osaka and you can call me names in person. are you man enough for that! id like to see you try to take a chunk out of me face to face.

rag doll has yet to defend his you cant get a real job comment.

I know I'm not supposed to write complaints in here but, SJ when is it enough. Ocean11 takes shots at the mods when he feels like it. Calls people names daily. Although these words might not be swear words, they are pretty insulting nonetheless. Those words then make others angry, until he eventually eggs them onto swearing or loosing their cool. Why do we have to put up with it? Why should I be called a moron, ignoramus, peckerwood and a bed wetter? When is enough a freaking enough?

>rag doll has yet to defend his you cant get a real job comment

calm down mate - think youre takin it too personally. I personally would love to be living in Hakuba for the rest of my life like you will. Who F'ing cares?

Comments were made in a general manner and there was loads of fine print in there in which it didnt necessarily relate to anybody on these forums. Hence, it aint yo @ss hes talkin bout per say.

But, yes, I do know quite a few F'ing wankers who live here, are low-lifes, suck at what they do, are alcoholics, cancel classes like I change my underwear, and float from job to job only because "English is their mother tongue." In that aspect I do totally agree with Rag-dolls remark.

Just ignore him Fattwins, I do.

I think the majority of people just laugh at what he writes anyway in situations like this and see it for what it is.....

I ignored him until the last month or so. He has flung names at me like a bloody bully in a schoolyard. I agree to disagree with people but I do my best not call someone a moron, ignoramus, peckerwood and a bed wetter. How many other names has he flung around today at people?

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
I ignored him until the last month or so. He has flung names at me like a bloody bully in a schoolyard. I agree to disagree with people but I do my best not call someone a moron, ignoramus, peckerwood and a bed wetter. How many other names has he flung around today at people?
take it with a grain of salt mate

BP – Maybe I am a bit free with stereotypes, but most stereotypes have an element of truth to them which makes it all the more enjoyable to poke fun at. Westerners living in Japan who avoid other westerners are displaying some pretty serious psychosis. Don’t you reckon? What are they hiding from? How do they cope when they travel overseas or don’t they do that? From your post I guess you’re missing some great snow in Europe and North America in preference for safe old Japan or is it just westerners when they visit Japan that you have a problem with? If so, then I guess if the boot fits…

Yeah I know it can be fun to poke fun at stereotypes RD, and I agree that there are people like that here in Japan. I don't think the most of us on here fit that group though. As for whether or not I hide from or avoid other westerners here? lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

is all I can do. I never said I avoid westerners here. I work with them and socialize with many of them. But, as I said before I will avoid a noisier place (in the sense of obnoxious loud behaviour) if I have the choice. Hell, I have the same attitude with surfing back home! I choose the quieter, less frequented places. But I don't get all territorial when others go to these places too.

That doesn't mean I won't travel overseas or board at other places. There you go with another big assumption. Listen this whole argument is just going around and around in circles. My point is just that your stereotypes don't fit here with many of the people on SJ.

Mate, let's hang this one up eh ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
I agree to disagree with people but I do my best not call someone a moron, ignoramus, peckerwood and a bed wetter.
No you don't. You PM them to call them an idiot and to tell them not to cross an imaginary line in your head, which makes you both a bed wetter and a hypocrite. (That's when you're not PM'ing them for favours that are never returned.)

Before you moved to Hakuba, you used to be really into that 'don't tell anybody else about the goodies' thing, which is really not that different from the Type 2 character under discussion.

And people, it's 'per se', not 'per say'. Let's learn words before we try to use them shall we? Lest we appear to be morons and ignoramuses (I'm just trying to help here - but people get awfully snooty about being helped).