• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Moderator

Bushpig, we really don't want to get into discussing things like that online... it's just not the place.

If we feel someone deserves to have their posting rights taken away though, we will do that.

Back to topic? ;\)

Jesus Christ SnowJapan.Com#4, you're a power freak! You shouldn't be in charge of this sort of thing because you can't handle the responsibility.

Does the Boss know you've done this? I can't imagine him approving such a schoolmarmy reaction.

We have pages and pages and pages of people talking complete drivel, and yet when somebody discusses something relevant, if mildly controversial, you either threaten them (like you did me), or shut them up in that smug way you have. Tape on their mouth Heheheh!

> just out of curiosity, what was the reason behind that decision SJ4?

Yeah SJ4, explain yourself. What was the reason for that decision? What rule did Dorikins break? Spell it out. This is exactly the place for it.

You afraid that Fattwins doesn't like this thread for some reason but can't help responding to it? Is that it?

Ocean I dont understand your crap sometimes. I think ive gone out of my way to invite you to come up and enjoy some good turns. In turn I have asked you for help on other stuff. Then you pull stunts like this?

I never once said for the guy to go away read it again. I said if you can justify stealing stuff then you really dont belong here now. Can you justify stealing Ocean?

You are always fishing for a fight to show how big with words you are. So cut me up Ocean cut away. Ive seen you Snowboard and ive met you and your BS about being the same person as on the net is pure BS.

Fattwins, no I can't justify stealing. But in the context of this discussion, having somebody saying that's what they like to do on their holidays is really quite interesting (while I suspect that he's probably trying to pull some chains, I suspect he also is probably a yobbo).

He didn't break any of the stated rules of this forum, and while the forum reserves the right to be completely arbitrary, one of the things that has made it such an agreeable place to post is that its administrators have strenuously resisted being arbitrary. But not #4. He revels in his interventions, and in this case has chosen an extremely offensive choice of words as he intervenes unnecessarily again. He should be retired, and Dorikin restored.

Fattwins, you've been clucking like a mother hen all the way through this thread. "no dont do that we can just archive it". Who is "we", exactly? Like I said, if you don't like a thread, don't visit it, and certainly don't post on it. You, and although the other craven people have just encouraged #4 to exercise his censoriousness.

And Fattwins, I've explained why I'm holding off on the turns for a while (I can't justify stealing my son's inheritance through totally extravagant energy use), and I'm plenty capable of finding turns without your invite.

Andrew, where are you mate? Let's have some adult supervision here, please! Another instance like this and forum quality will go way down. This thread was a good read until #4 involved himself.

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi. OK, here goes!

First of all, none of you know the full story here - as is the case with every other instance such as this. Without the full story you are not qualified to make the decision.

Secondly, we really do not need to explain our actions in issues such as this on the Forums, and we are not going to start doing so. If we feel that we want to discuss any aspect of our operation or policies – which have not changed, by the way - we will bring the subject up ourselves and invite discussion on it.

Thirdly, anyone who knows SJ4 will tell you that he is almost the opposite of the "power crazy" image that has been portrayed above and I have no problems with the hard work and help he gives us.

I do however have problems with my colleagues being unfairly and strongly criticized in public on our forums - so I would request for that to not happen again.

The people working for the site/forums all do a top job, with most of the things that they do nobody knowing about. If anyone has some sort of problem with a particular admin on here then they will just have to deal with it themselves. If you think that something unacceptable has happened on the forums involving anyone SJ-related you can email me directly at andrew@snowjapan.com - but I really can’t see a case for that here.

Just for the more casual reader here who might not have read a thread before where there has been an incident like this - the occasions when we do delete or ban users are rare. We don’t want to do it and we do not often do it. We only do it when we feel we should and for (what we feel are) good reasons.

The bottom line is that all these kinds of decisions are ours and they are not up for discussion – especially not in public on our Forums.

Anyway, I hope this might be the end of this particular “incident”.

Thanks \:\)

Transparency and courtesy are all I ever ask from moderators. When moderators fail to recognize that I and other posters are providing them with free content, then I tend to get riled. It's a two-way street. Transparency and courtesy will keep all but the very worst sort of people happy.

I also get riled when somebody decides a thread is just too scary for them to handle and starts trying to shut it down, offering to delete it, 'archive' it etc. Instead of doing that, they should have the self-discipline to stay away.

What's happening at Niseko is very interesting to me (even though I haven't been there myself), and we were just hearing from somebody who has the very attitude that was being discussed, when they got shut up (for reasons that are not in the least transparent). There will be no diversity of opinion if everybody squawks when somebody says something outrageous. How interesting would that be?

• SnowJapan Admin

We never fail to recognize that posters are the ones doing the posting on the forums. However, we also do not allow that fact to affect our decisions on issues such as this.

If anyone disagrees strongly with any decision we make then they have the option to simply not post. (And of course we don't want that to happen).

Once more I would like to point out how very rarely we delete things on here and how many flare ups and controversial discussions there have been on here (....many).

Thanks, and sorry for cluttering up this thread with such a discussion!

\:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by big-will:
Some people are just fools - just ignore them.

I've think the SJ moderators on here are by and large extremely courteous and friendly and I'm sure almost everyone would agree.
Damn right big-will! Some people are just fools.

I too think the SJ moderators are by and large extremely courteous and friendly, and I point out when they are aren't so that they stay that way. You know the saying - Harshest critic, biggest fan!

(Who are you calling a fool by the way...?)

Now if only we could get back to the topic which was much more interesting than this procedural stuff.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:

I also get riled when somebody decides a thread is just too scary for them to handle and starts trying to shut it down, offering to delete it, 'archive' it etc. Instead of doing that, they should have the self-discipline to stay away.

Dunno if that is referring to my joking comment to delete the thread 011, but if it is, then you completely missed my tone. I wouldn't do that, and was just answering tongue in cheek. Calm down a bit mate.