• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's perfectly fair of rm to say that he didn't find it too flat (and he's just an intermediate boarder). There are so many things you can do on a snowboard that even if there are no steeps you can still have the time of your life. Steep pow is good, but so is the park, so is a tree jib, so is a nice convex roll you can practice your 180/3's off, the list goes on. Maybe he's not used to pow and gets the hang of it at Niseko...that would be a fun experience, etc etc. It also builds his skill set so that he might move up to steeps (if he's interested at all) on his next trip

Yes rigor mortis don't get sucked into the Hakuba boys banter. They seem to take pleasure in going outta their way to bag Niseko. They're just jealous that the powder isn't as good in Hakuba

haha The powder isnt as good eh thats a joke.

RM the fact is that if you are a mid level rider you wouldnt find it steep. This board is not just for advanced people and I/we know that.

Kuma is right you can find something to keep you busy most you go. I still havent heard that the Niseko park is any good are there any pics this year? It is what you like is all

Niseko must be flat. Why else would so many visitors get incredibly frustrated and cause trouble? They get super drunk and steal vehicles for a buzz, a buzz they couldn't really get at 35 degrees. It is clearly symptomatic of a flat resort. Wow, I'm not sure how local property prices will cope when the greater world learns the truth.

You Hakuba lads are shit stirrers! Don't talk your place up too much otherwise the next thing you know there'll be an international airport made in Hakuba and all the cashed up, superdrunk, vehicle stealing Aussies are gonna invade your Hakkers paradise instead of Niseko.

Good point Muddy! Hakuba is clearly next on the invasion hit list. I am thinking about returning to Japan and putting together a 'unique' package that allows the drunken Aussie punter to get away from Niseko.

Continuing with my diligent analysis of the troubles in Niseko, I am reminded of a football (soccer) match. The game has the potential to be awesome, yet fails to deliver one of the essential ingredients of competitive sport: goals. This frustration induces its enslaved followers is to get really drunk and throw chairs around the stadium. Happens all the time. ;\)

Niseko: just like watching soccer , only less goals

5000 extra Aussies in Hakuba per season staying one week equates to about 43 extra people on each of the mountains in the valley per day. Even it it did happen it's not going to make a big impact. Unless of coarse they find my secret spots eek.gif

Apparently they said on J TV that 60,000 aussies go skiing to Niseko every winter. Seems quite a huge number!!! How many people in Australia ski in comparison to the total size of the population?

Stay away from Hakuba. Hakuba is flatter than an ironing board, there is no snow, no beer and no women, only mountain goats!

This is a pretty interesting topic seeing as I leave to go up there in the morning. I'm catching the 6:30 a.m. out of Haneda tomorrow with a couple of my bros. Last time I went was about six years ago, so in my eyes I'll let you know how much it's changed. All in all, I hope for good times with the bros, a much needed break from work, lots of beers and hopefully a chance for some good uncut powder.

Regarding ladies in Hakuba, I think it is kind of like beer: BYO, or be stuck with the goats.

I have heard from people who leave in Hakuba all season and tend to get lonely that they were willing to organize charters from Tokyo...

Sad to hear certain nationalities like flat resorts... ;\) Probably 'cos it is not convenient to play rugby otherwise.

Yeah I think Hakuba is a pretty much BYO place. Doesn't mean anything to me as I'm not looking but it's hardly the place to go hunting for girls. All those cuties you see during the day are generally not going to be out and about at night.